OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: HAME MPR-A1 - Small and cheap router with built-in battery

The content of this topic has been archived between 12 May 2015 and 2 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

bertc3p0 wrote:

Only one thing left - I get lots of following message

root@Hame-A5:/# logread | tail -2
May 21 21:43:59 Hame-A5 daemon.info init: process '/bin/ash --login' (pid 3375) exited. Scheduling for restart.
May 21 21:43:59 Hame-A5 daemon.info init: starting pid 3380, tty '/dev/ttyS1': '/bin/ash --login'

Does anybody know how to get rid off this ?

Grmpf - that's easy - just comment the ttyS1 line in /etc/inittab out

(Last edited by bertc3p0 on 22 May 2013, 12:14)

why if i make image with some additional packages i cant save any settings.
wireless and network setting resets after reboot.
image compiled on default settings allows save settings.
Device: Hame A5 16Mb

maybe it because "jffs2 not ready yet; using ramdisk"  in logs?

UPD:even if i not add any package, just remove some unused, this image can't save settings.

(Last edited by derrij on 23 May 2013, 13:42)

@derrij--did you flash the squashfs image?  Did you telnet in and create a password?

@lizby yes squashfs.
image compiled on default settings allows save settings and no "jffs2 not ready yet; using ramdisk" in the logs.

image compiled with added or removed package can't save any settings(images sizes 2.444-3.375Mb).
after telnet and root password set, ssh works. after reboot-no root password, and ssh access

@derrij--sorry, that's not my experience, so I don't know what's happening with your device.  I have access to the Hame A5 in the usual CLI ways with openwrt--ssh via wired or wireless.

now all working, strange. maybe because i made "./scripts/feeds update"

derrij wrote:

why if i make image with some additional packages i cant save any settings.
wireless and network setting resets after reboot.
image compiled on default settings allows save settings.
Device: Hame A5 16Mb

maybe it because "jffs2 not ready yet; using ramdisk"  in logs?

UPD:even if i not add any package, just remove some unused, this image can't save settings.

Is there any ready compiled image for Hame A15? I guess that Hame A15 and Hame A5 are quite the same? At least my A15 has 4MB flash and 16MB ram, and RT5350F.

I would appriciate a ready image for it if there is one, I don't need Luci but support for UVC webcams would be nice. Or is it easy to add the patches? I looked through some pages in this thread but didn't find any really clear information about how to apply patches.

I suspect that webcam support with only 16mb ram will be a problem.

monotube wrote:

Is there any ready compiled image for Hame A15? I guess that Hame A15 and Hame A5 are quite the same? At least my A15 has 4MB flash and 16MB ram, and RT5350F.

Here a running MPR-A5 image for 4MB/16MB:

http://lnxpps.de/openwrt/hame-mpra5/a5- … sb-sys.bin

This is a stripped down image without firewall to save memory. Please report if this is running or not on your A15.

logitech c270 640x480 25f  working fine on A5.

http://ge.tt/2Gssdvh/v/0?c

UPD: link updated. mjpg-streamer autostart (640x480 25f). ethernet and wifi client connection(change wireless for ssid  and key ).

(Last edited by derrij on 29 May 2013, 08:21)

bertc3p0 wrote:

Here a running MPR-A5 image for 4MB/16MB:

Will it work for http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-300revb5 ??

I've been trying to patch the trunk without success so far(
Actually i have rev b6 but i think it's the same hware..

oschemes wrote:

You need a 256Mbit (32MB) SDRAM (not DDR) chip in a 54 pin TSSOP package.  The device can also take 64MB chips, but only 32MB will be used.

The cheapest place to get this memory is from old laptop memory cards.  Search for 256MB PC133 SODIMM on ebay, and find one that uses 8 leaded chips.  Next, check to make sure the seller is not using a "stock image" so you are really getting a module with 8x leaded chips.  Any question, just ask them.  A lot of sellers are using incorrect images but will admit it.

only SODIMM  suits or DIMM modules can be  used too?

bertc3p0 wrote:

Many thx shmygo ! Your patch works great also on A5 !

I've replaced the RAM with 32MByte, shortened a missing resistor near to the left bottom edge of the rt5350 and changed in the dts file

very interested on A5 RAM upgrade. please, share more info, which resistor, what type of memory used (are DIMM modules OK?)

derrij wrote:
bertc3p0 wrote:

Many thx shmygo ! Your patch works great also on A5 !

I've replaced the RAM with 32MByte, shortened a missing resistor near to the left bottom edge of the rt5350 and changed in the dts file

very interested on A5 RAM upgrade. please, share more info, which resistor, what type of memory used (are DIMM modules OK?)

I used Samsung K4S561632C-TC 75 (256Mbit SDRAM 4M x 16bit x 4 Banks Synchronous DRAM) from an old 256MB PC133 SO-DIMM.
I have bridged the missing resistor:

bridged resistor

I wouldn't recommend upgrading the DRAM: Tried on 2 boards - one is damged know.
BTW: There is a cheap RT5350 board with 32MB Dram and 32MB(!) flash available for less than 15 Euro:
ALL5003

Another story:

I had some problems with the RS232 connection (as others had). I made a little board which works great - no more RS232 adapter disconnects needed to start the router:

RS232 3V3 galvanic isolation
The caps should be near to the VDD pins.

Regards

Gerd

(Last edited by bertc3p0 on 14 Jun 2013, 10:33)

derrij wrote:

only SODIMM  suits or DIMM modules can be  used too?

Yes, you can use DIMM if it contains the right chip.  In my searches, I didn't find many good candidates in DIMM but that does not mean they don't exist!

@bertc3p0 - When using ChipQuik to remove the old chip, I had success on all 6 of my devices.  Was your device damaged when desoldering, or soldering the new one on?  I can believe that the desoldering could be dangerous without ChipQuik, I peeled the pads of the 8-pin flash very easily when trying to desolder that chip by hand.

Also - congrats on finding a solution to the serial port non-startup!  I will have to try that this weekend!

(Last edited by oschemes on 15 Jun 2013, 00:46)

oschemes wrote:

@bertc3p0 - When using ChipQuik to remove the old chip, I had success on all 6 of my devices.  Was your device damaged when desoldering, or soldering the new one on?  I can believe that the desoldering could be dangerous without ChipQuik, I peeled the pads of the 8-pin flash very easily when trying to desolder that chip by hand.

Yeah - my method is rude: I've been using a small butane gas jet. I'm going to try ChipQuik next time.
More anxious users should think about the Allnet ALL5003 - which already has 32MB RAM and a
very attrative price (<15 Euro).

Also - congrats on finding a solution to the serial port non-startup!  I will have to try that this weekend!

Please share your experience with the adapter. I'm very interested in your results. If they are also positive I'm going to update the OpenWrt Wiki for serial adapters.

(Last edited by bertc3p0 on 15 Jun 2013, 16:33)

bertc3p0 wrote:

More anxious users should think about the Allnet ALL5003 - which already has 32MB RAM and a

where to buy?

derrij wrote:
bertc3p0 wrote:

where to buy?

http://www.allnet.de/entwicklungsplatfo … plugin_pi1[showUid]=832789&cHash=4f8cf7a06a3b52f0666c5bad5c4bbf91

(Last edited by pepe2k on 16 Jun 2013, 12:48)

derrij wrote:
bertc3p0 wrote:

where to buy?

I will talk to the sales guys where to buy out of Germany. Stay tuned ...

I have a mpr-a15 that doesn't boot when my pl2303 serial cable tx is connected. I solved that issue by inserting a 470 ohm resistor between the cable tx signal and the router rx.

Hello Guys, i found someone sell RT5350 SDK (ver 4.0.0) in taobao, any people here that has taobao account ? Its 200 yuan. Will be great if we can buy one and share it.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z … 27596&

Rgrds

hi,do you have the programmer firmware of hame a2,i have a  new hame R1,Flash & Mem has been changed to 8M&32M,but i can not get a firmware,do you have???

shmygov wrote:

Re: Hame A2

Hi
Here is my patch to compile OpenWrt new trunk (with Device Tree) for Hame MPR-A2 router:

https://github.com/shmygov/OpenWrt-HAME-MPR-A2

It is based on the Squonk's patches.
(Hame A2 is same as A1, but with 8MB flash, 32MB RAM, and 5200 mAh battery.)

It is working OK on my A2 which is a genuine Hame from the manufacturer (not a clone).
However, there are still some problems with WiFi driver: low data rates, unstable operation if the AP is used without wifi password set.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/hame/mpr-a2

Hi, I compiled an initramfs .bin and flashed it from the default hame (A1) browser admin page, it is working as if I plug the ethernet cable to a dhcp server it gets the new IP and I can ping it, but all ports are closed.

Also if I sniff traffic with tcpdump I can see that the request is coming from an "openwrt" device:

192.168.2.200.68 > 192.168.2.1.67: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 00:11:22:33:44:55, length 351, xid 0x749beb66, Flags [none]
      Client-IP 192.168.2.200
      Client-Ethernet-Address 00:11:22:33:44:55
      Vendor-rfc1048 Extensions
        Magic Cookie 0x63825363
        DHCP-Message Option 53, length 1: Request
        MSZ Option 57, length 2: 576
        Parameter-Request Option 55, length 7:
          Subnet-Mask, Default-Gateway, Domain-Name-Server, Hostname
          Domain-Name, BR, NTP
        Vendor-Class Option 60, length 12: "udhcp 1.19.4"

It seems like if the ethernet port of the hame is set as wan (thus all port closed), I checked the source code (/etc/uci-defaults/02_network) and it seems that the port is shared between eth0.1 (lan) and eth0.2 (wan) but I cannot figure out how to connect to the "lan" from a linux, any hint?

I ordered a serial cable that I hope to receive in the next days but it would be nice to be able at least to login from the telnet console to have a look.

I have the clone 3G Wi-Fi Router, come with 32MB RAM, 4MB flash.

How do i stop uboot from booting?  I tried pressing different keys (esc, return, 4, space), none of them work.

Thanks.

edit: got it to work after i post the questions.  took awhile, keep pressing 4 on bootup.

(Last edited by musselmanb on 28 Jun 2013, 18:49)

Hi, I got a new device that seems like a MPR-A1 clone (labeled as MPR-M1). The PCB looks like a MPR-A1 v1.4 (compared to the picture posted by p1vo in post 444).
The interesting thing is, that it has allready a 32 MB RAM-Chip (Samsung K4S561632E-TC75, 16M x16).
Unfortunatly the system only recognizes 16MB, even though the resistors are set like the ones in post 444.

http://i.imgur.com/Df2xwwd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Xvk3a2E.jpg

How can I get the system to recognize the whole RAM?