Before (if ever) I post them in the Community Releases I would appreciate some feedback/testing here. I've built custom DIR-505 images for 15.05.1 with (in no particular order):
1. Proper Router, Repeater and Hotspot configurations pre-set (thanks to @manishgkasera's script).
2. If connection to "main wifi" cannot be established within a minute in Repeater mode, the STA interface is disabled (so you can still connect to the router and modify its WiFi settings).
3. WPS button acts as reboot (so if you need to switch mode -- use the slider and press/release WPS button).
4. Lightweight adblock (in Router mode).
5. Auto-generated WiFi SSID and password in the form of OpenWrt-XXXXXX where XXXXXX are 6 hex digits. Same SSID and password (case-sensitive). Not very secure, but better than static SSID/password.
6. No default root password set -- immediately connect to your DIR-505 after install and change it.
7. Luci and miniupnpd, just because.
8. LAN IP is 192.168.0.1 (in Router mode).
Factory image: https://www.melmac.net/openwrt/images/o … actory.bin
Upgrade image: https://www.melmac.net/openwrt/images/o … pgrade.bin
MD5 Sums: https://www.melmac.net/openwrt/images/o … r505v1.md5
LEDE images: https://www.melmac.net/openwrt/images/
There are both factory and sysupgrade images as well as md5 file with the checksums. The build is happening each day around 8am PST. THESE ARE UNTESTED IMAGES!
If you try it, please let me know how it went. If you can help me host those images at subsignal/openwrt domains, give me a shout.
PS. Please verify md5 hash before flashing!
(Last edited by stangri on 22 Jul 2016, 01:56)