OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-WR703n firmware: USB, Bittorrent, FTP/SFTP, DynamicDNS and more

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Apr 2018 and 24 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Transmission runs horrible with 32M RAM. I upgraded to 64MB and did 128MB swap, and it still lags and reboots often.
So don't think it will run fine on the 703n lol

*edit* I mainly download 1080p videos. 8-12GB each

(Last edited by dabyd64 on 17 Mar 2013, 19:24)

Hi.. I'm totally new to openwrt. We have a project that we are trying to make WR703N with AAA's billing feature (e.g. coova-Chilli). Is it possible? We managed to flash the latest openwrt (Barrier Breaker) into WR703n but we are not able to install coova-chilli (coova-chilli_1.2.5-1_ar71xx.ipk under backfire/10.03.1/ar71xx/packages/). Please help.. Thanks in advance..

Can someone help me,i am trying to make the wr703 wan interface and i can not achive  this,i have follow the config files in post 4 and it is not working,i think that maybe some  problem with the dhcp.Sould i change anything on the dhcp?
Also i had manage to run bittorent in an extroot  partision,and it was stable.Just use swappiness=100;

Hi!
This firmwares is for all wr703N versions?
I have Ver:1.6
It will work?

Thans!

Tried this fw on a ver 1.6.  Loaded fine... but no internet.  This was in default AP config.   Transmission web page was visible.

Used fw command to switch to AP + client and device is bricked.  sad

Anybody have a solution for this?

Why do you think it is bricked? How are you trying to connect to the router?

If you are really in AP+client mode initially you have to access the router through the ethernet port. The router IP address is 192.168.2.1 unless you have changed it.

Did you use the right command to change the mode?

I doubt the router is really bricked. In the worst case I guess the failsafe mode should always work. Check the wiki for instructions if you need to use it.

sabio wrote:

Tried this fw on a ver 1.6.  Loaded fine... but no internet.  This was in default AP config.   Transmission web page was visible.

Used fw command to switch to AP + client and device is bricked.  sad

Anybody have a solution for this?

Hi... thanks for fast response! 

Router does not respond to 192.168.2.1 address when connected on ethernet port.   

It does enter failsafe mode (blue light flashing fast) but cannot ping via telnet so cannot reflash.

Also on initial flash it appears WAN did not get an IP despite being connected to a DHCP server... so something is off.

Any ideas?   I have a serial cable... but the pinouts on this router are sooooo small... donĀ“t think I have the soldering skills to connect it.  sad

griguolcomerranas wrote:

Why do you think it is bricked?

Hi...I flashed from another version of OpenWrt to your version. 
Not directly from original Chinese FW.  Could this be the cause of the brick?

Did you change anything in uboot?

Why not a samba instead of FPT/SFTP?

The discussion might have continued from here.