OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: zlib v1.2.2 -> v1.2.3: when do you plan to update?

The content of this topic has been archived on 14 Jan 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

zlib v1.2.3 is the security fix.

As the SSH-fanatic|firewall-GESTAPO-man I'm very anxious about getting those as current as possible...

booBot wrote:

zlib v1.2.3 is the security fix.

As the SSH-fanatic|firewall-GESTAPO-man I'm very anxious about getting those as current as possible...

Notice the file in the patches directory... It's there for a half year at least..

OK.
I'm sorry, I came from QNX4 world where everything is linked statically, so after any update in any of used libs I had to recompile...

Well, as it's there for a long time, everything is recompiled against the fixed version, anyway smile

BTW, welcome to the light side of the force wink

I'm kind of newb here, I could not find patches directory but I've talked about this file...

Just reassure me that everything is under control.
smile

wtzm wrote:

...the patches which were applied to the official 1.2.2 release when building the zlib_1.2.2-2...

Do you mean to say that v1.2.3 is not official?
(Why not just use v1.2.3 directly?)

zlib 1.2.3 is of course an official release.
When the package you refered to (http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussi … mipsel.ipk) was built, zlib 1.2.2 + patches were used. In the current svn trunk zlib 1.2.3 is already used. (Without security patch, as this is already fixed in 1.2.3)

OK.
Don't get me for troller.
I'm an admin rather than the programmer, so I'm very paranoid about having everything patched and recent.

Alright.
The svn trunk contains the most recent version of OpenWrt - but rember that it is codenamed "Kamikaze" wink

The discussion might have continued from here.