I would like to share with the whole OpenWRT community that I got a fully working openWRT for my RB493G router board including the microSD slot which as far as I could see was not working properly on the original openwrt trunk.
I have been using that modified OpenWRT on my router for a couple of months since now and it looks stable enough.
My work is based on the Linux kernel 2.6.35 patch provided by Mikrotik guys which is in turn the core of RouterOS versions up to 5.x (I believe). So far I only tested it on a RB493G since this is the router I own. However I believe this will be easily expandable to other boards since that Linux patch is supporing also other RB400 series boards.
I uploaded the code into following repository at GitHub in case any of you are interested on knowing what was done or are looking for full working OpenWRT on RB493G (of course at your own risk!). Current master branch is based on OpenWRT trunk revision 34879.
(Last edited by priejos on 6 Jan 2013, 14:24)