OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: LTE/4G/3G Modem E3276 how to make it work?

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hay guys,

So I got a new modem today E3276 and for the life of me I can not make the router give it a USB port number.

Can any of you give info on this plz?

I read that there seems not to be any 4G modems supported sad

Lets fix that?

Raster.

Just use cdc-ncm  driver , switch modem to NDIS and sent APN to your device (/dev/ttyUSB0) via script like this:

#!/bin/sh
PORT=/dev/ttyUSB0
MODE="AT^NDISDUP=1,0" gcom -d $PORT -s /etc/gcom/setmode.gcom
sleep 3
MODE="AT^NDISDUP=1,1,\"internet\"" gcom -d $PORT -s /etc/gcom/setmode.gcom
sleep 3
ifup wan &
exit 0

More info you can find  HERE . Google translater will help you!:)
What router do you have? I need to test firmware with this modem, so we can help  each other smile

(Last edited by rusink on 10 Feb 2013, 20:56)

Hay,

I've got problem with e3276 on last trunk snapshot. Looking at logs modem should work but it doesn't. When I'm trying to sent AT command to ttyUSB0 (or USB1, USB2) it just hangs with no response (eg echo -e "AT" > /dev/ttyUSB0). My first tought was that modem has not enought power so I use Y cable but with no success, powered hub didn't help as well. Does anybody has this issue or know how to solve it? My platform is ramips (3g300m) and had to use extroot. I've checked a lot of options to run this modem but with no success - not even close.

hy,
i was using the e3276 with gargoyle and ofmodemsandmen firmware running without a problem.
now i flashed the stable BB Verision but I can not get the Huawei modem running.
When I use this stick in umts mode I get an IP Adress but with ncm I have no chance.
is there a summary to get this device running?

The discussion might have continued from here.