OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: 1043nd 12.09rc1 WIFI drops.

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 27 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hausmeister wrote:

I need to test an Official build to sort out if the HT40- bug is because of my own Build (wrong channel selection).

The bug is also in official Attitude Adjustment 12.09-rc1.
I use HT40- and channel 9 (so it gives me 9+13).

I had similar issues, I decided to downgrade the UBOOT to Nov 2009 version(http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd#warnings.gotchas), and my router is a lot more stable since(albeit only a day since i did it).

Its a convoluted process, but may be worth a try.

Hi "dmarkey"!

What is the version number of your router? I have 1.8 and it's terrible. It's a bit more stable with disabled HT mode, but it's slower too. Did the problems gone by reverting to an older bootloader or are they still exists?

I have upgraded yesterday to the final Attitude Adjustment 12.09 build and now I'm using it with 20MHz HT mode and it looks like wifi restart itself automatically when it crashes. It happened about 2 or 3 times during this day, but when wifi "gone", it came back in 10 seconds. I hope now i don't have to reboot the router anymore, because it fixes itself. I will report in a week is it stable or not.
Can you  confirm me?
I have TP-Link TL-WR-1043ND version 1.8.

Waiting for your answer (with version number too)!

Nice!, I wonder if one the developers has put a patch in , detecting the WIFI has died and simply restarting it.. ?? Where can one check?

I was just using the internet and qBittorrent client was downloading files at high speed (4-5MB/Sec) and it stopped working for a few seconds, I received a notification about the connection was dropped and after a while i received an other notification which told me that wifi reconnected. (I'm using Linux mint 14)

kisssandoradam wrote:

I have upgraded yesterday to the final Attitude Adjustment 12.09 build and now I'm using it with 20MHz HT mode and it looks like wifi restart itself automatically when it crashes. It happened about 2 or 3 times during this day, but when wifi "gone", it came back in 10 seconds. I hope now i don't have to reboot the router anymore, because it fixes itself. I will report in a week is it stable or not.
Can you  confirm me?
I have TP-Link TL-WR-1043ND version 1.8.

Waiting for your answer (with version number too)!

Hi, i'm having exactly same problem. the wireless keep restart itself and looking for solutions.
I'm just flashed to openwrt ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT (Attitude Adjustment, r33883) and my hardware is 1043ND v1.8

i just changed from openwrt to gargoyle 1.5.9. it seems the wifi is stable now.

cyberbastion wrote:

i just changed from openwrt to gargoyle 1.5.9. it seems the wifi is stable now.

Awesome, glad I never sold my WR1043ND!!! My usecase is at home to use it as a extra home AP, and when I travel as a Wifi repeater..

I had bought a DIR615 but cant get repeater working on it... so awesome this is fixed :-)

Look like problem still take place with 12.09 release (1043ND 1.8 with HT20). After automatic wifi restart speed is about 100-200 kb/s so I need to restart it again with 'wifi' command to get router back to full speed.

Unfortunately it's doing the same thing my router too. It's a disaster. I won't buy agian TP-LINK.

dpelevin wrote:

Look like problem still take place with 12.09 release (1043ND 1.8 with HT20). After automatic wifi restart speed is about 100-200 kb/s so I need to restart it again with 'wifi' command to get router back to full speed.

Hey Mate,

Whats this wifi command? might just make a script that runs this on a schedule

kisssandoradam wrote:

Unfortunately it's doing the same thing my router too. It's a disaster. I won't buy agian TP-LINK.

I think it is a hardware chip issue not really tplink, thats the gist i got from the other posts..

(Last edited by jroschach on 4 May 2013, 18:55)

older snapshots didn't had this problem.
try today's snapshots - it contains some fix that should fix most of the DMA failures

jroschach wrote:

Whats this wifi command? might just make a script that runs this on a schedule

You can restart wifi with:
$ wifi
I do not think put it to cron is good idea as it will drop all your active connections. Results of such thing will be much worse than manual restart in the case problem happen.

maurer wrote:

older snapshots didn't had this problem.
try today's snapshots - it contains some fix that should fix most of the DMA failures

Can you tell me that is changed by this fix? Probably I will try snapshot next time I catch problem. For now uptime is 1d 10h and I was able to transfer about ~30-40Gb without problems. Any way 1043 behave much better than with stock firmware as with stock it hangs without any chances to reconnect to wifi untill restart with poweroff.

After 7 days of uptime slowdown occur twice in 30 minutes. I thought I will catch problem mutch faster smile
I have updated router to the last snapshot - let's look if it helps.

dpelevin

If your routers works fine with the latest snapshot, would you send me a link? I'd like to try it too on my router too.

kisssandoradam wrote:

dpelevin

If your routers works fine with the latest snapshot, would you send me a link? I'd like to try it too on my router too.

ditto! :-)

I get it from: http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/

Snapshot I was using dated 08-May-2013.
Currently there are more recent snapshots. If you want to test the same snapshot version as I do - you can get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/111 … pgrade.bin

For now I can't see any problems with snapshot (08-May-2013), so even if it still have problem with slowdown (not sure about this - time will show wink) - there is no reasons to downgrade it back to release version.

I have upgraded too to a snapshot( 11-May-2013 ), and wifi was a bit more stable (than the casual), but today the speed of the internet was terrible.
It should be: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130515/Screenshot_from_2013-05-15_15_00_31_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png
But it was:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130515/Screenshot_from_2013-05-15_14_50_44_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

OpenWRT developers should fix this f..king router. Does anybody know, how to send a message to a developer?

Did 'wifi' bash command was able to restore internet speed back to normal?

I rebooted the entire router big_smile Next time i will try it!

Ticket was closed due to no response.

Thank you for heads up, it seems, that there's at least some progress then smile When I had TX DMA errors, I was not able to connect at all, if it works at lower speed, I will be able to connect at least and do wifi down and wifi smile I will try to build some latest bin for wr1043 and will post result after days of testing. Today I have uptime "20:35:16 up 71 days, 15:06,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.04", but I needed to make several wifi down and ups during this period. This bug is more likely to occur with low signal, never experienced problems when I was in the same room with the router.

Sorry, posts 51 to 50 are missing from our archive.