OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR542G -> already explored?

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi guys,

we are heavily meshing with freifunk here in leipzig and always seeking new and cheaper hardware. did anyone explore the TP-Link TL-WR542G so far? these boxes are showing up on ebay here right now and we wonder if this is linksys-like (it looks like na linksys somehow ;-)). any hints?
here is the hp of the chinese manufacturer:
http://www.tp-link.com/product/show.asp?ProductNO=384

greetz from leipzig, germany
siddson

The firmware files are all under 1MB, so IMHO they are useless, sadly. BTW, they are Atheros based routers.

by the way : cnet-800 is a wrt55ga v1.0 (it hass 2 mini pci slots, only difrent is that the 54A(5ghz) card is gone)
to switch you must do a jtag,like a normal wrt54g, need more info about it just email me, erik at ranvik dot net

Hallo People,

I just bought a TL-WR541g two weeks ago. I looked at the TableOfHardware, and i saw that OpenWRT might work on that router aswell. Does anybody have any experience with that thing, or any connection with people who made it work?

Thanks in advance!

The discussion might have continued from here.