OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Trying to support D-Link DIR-615 Ix

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Feb 2018 and 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

ewtoombs wrote:

Thanks, teslamint. Oh, also, what speed is it? I'm guessing 115200. And have you ever successfully connected to the Atheros SoC's JTAG interface? Because I think that's what it's going to take to debrick this thing.

Yes, baud speed is 115200 and I haven't try JTAG yet.

ewtoombs wrote:
teslamint wrote:
ewtoombs wrote:

It's irrelevant now, since I just bricked my router with the ddwrt beta build here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/04-09-2 … rmware.bin

So yeah, don't use that one. My router is too bricked for even the recovery mode to work, which surprised me. So thanks for nothing, ddwrt. I'm filing a bug report as we speak.

I also made a forum post on their forum here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … 586#964586

Looks like your router's ART partition is broken.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Get dump file of ART partition from someone's DIR-615 router, edit the MAC address with hex editor, and write to flash.

Ok, I guess that could be worse. Let's just hope that's the only thing that's wrong with it, I guess. And I just confirmed the router's bootloader doesn't output anything on the serial interface, so I can't use the serial interface at all. I'm going to have to use the JTAG interface. I think I'll get an ft232h for this, unless anybody on this forum cares to make any recommendations for JTAG interface hardware.

Anyway, looks like nothing's going to happen until after the JTAG hardware arrives. And if you or anybody else is successful in interfacing via JTAG, I'd definitely like to know.

Does anyone have the source code for a DIR-615 I1?  I'm trying to upgrade an old router to support Openflow.  Thanks.

Sorry, I should've clarified.  I'm looking for Openwrt source code that works on a DLink DIR-615 I1 which I can then modify (e.g. add Openflow package prior to building the binary) to support Openflow.    Thanks.

(Last edited by jalcorn on 21 Sep 2015, 22:27)

jalcorn wrote:

Sorry, I should've clarified.  I'm looking for Openwrt source code that works on a DLink DIR-615 I1 which I can then modify (e.g. add Openflow package prior to building the binary) to support Openflow.    Thanks.

It's included in trunk build since r46248, but it's not included 15.05 unfortunately. neutral

So, 15.05 happened before r46248, then?

ewtoombs wrote:

So, 15.05 happened before r46248, then?

Chaos Calmer branched before r46248 AFAIK.

Just to confirm when you say included, you mean the "srouce code" is included with trunk release r46248.  Or do you mena that the Openflow packages are included?  Sorry, I'm just a little confused.

jalcorn wrote:

Just to confirm when you say included, you mean the "srouce code" is included with trunk release r46248.  Or do you mena that the Openflow packages are included?  Sorry, I'm just a little confused.

trunk release.

Hey can anybody give me their tool chain .config file so can modify it .I like to add
luci-theme-openwrt
luci-proto-relay
relayd    for the v.I1

(Last edited by ckm on 27 Oct 2015, 08:39)

Hi, I have DIR-615 I1 version with last official FW and I found that I can't set WebFilter for facebook site though for any other sites blocking work well. I tried to find solution, but seems this problem is inside the code. If someone know\have solution for this or firmware which support WebFilter properly pls give a link to get it. Thnks

Would anyone have a minimal image with the LuCI package to hold us over until the next general release? I would like to try building my own, but don't have access to an open Linux or Mac system.

(Last edited by menkatek on 18 Dec 2015, 00:59)

Hey guys. What's the latest with this project? I have a DIR-615 v "I1" and when I try to use the precompiled custom openwrt image provided for this hardware version, the DIR-615 9.04 firmware says that it's not a valid file to use.

I don't want to JTAG or serial in to this thing. Any idea how to change the file contents so the DIR-615 will accept it? I tried changing the string at the end of the file to match DD-WRT's (they differed by two characters) but that didn't work.

Thanks,

Chris

Ah! I've answered my own question. I downloaded the 15.05.1 factory to openwrt image for the DIR-615 I1 from here:

[url][OpenWRT Download Site]/chaos_calmer/15.05.1/ar71xx/generic/[/url]

So far, so good.

The discussion might have continued from here.