OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Quallcomm qca9558/TP-Link WDR7500 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 May 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

wmo wrote:

So, i was install trunk version of OpenWRT. This solve problem with flashing firmware for Archer C7 ac1750 with new gd25q128. SSH connect successfuly .

Next question: can i patch OpenWRT ImageBuilder 15.04 (stable, not trunk) for my router (with gd25q128) ?

No, imagebuilder process starts with a prebuilt kernel that doesn't have the chip id mentioned in the driver that's linked into it.

You need to build the kernel from source, and the rest of the openwrt image from source.

Thanks for the quick answer. I think I was a little bit confused.

risk wrote:
rustikus wrote:

Hi,
Does the current version contain a driver which allows 5Ghz wireless at 160Mhz? I am not able to get it to work but this may also be a misconfiguration. Not sure if the information I found (limited to 80Mhz) is still valid. !

80 MHz is max for that hardware regardless of what firmware/drivers. To be honest I'm not sure if I ever heard of a 160MHz chipset. I know the standard allows for it, but all the ac stuff is mostly 80MHz. Some devices even do 40MHz 802.11ac

risk wrote:
rustikus wrote:

Hi,
Does the current version contain a driver which allows 5Ghz wireless at 160Mhz? I am not able to get it to work but this may also be a misconfiguration. Not sure if the information I found (limited to 80Mhz) is still valid. !

80 MHz is max for that hardware regardless of what firmware/drivers. To be honest I'm not sure if I ever heard of a 160MHz chipset. I know the standard allows for it, but all the ac stuff is mostly 80MHz. Some devices even do 40MHz 802.11ac

160MHz are Wave2 of the ac standard.
I have a Xiaomi MiWiFi Mini with 160 MHz, so I guess at least MediaTek MT7620A has it.
also have it:
Broadcom BCM94709R4366AC
Marvell Avastar 88W8964
MediaTek MT7615 AP Reference Design and MT6632 STA Reference Design
Qualcomm IPQ8065 802.11ac 4-stream Dual-band, Dual-concurrent Router
Quantenna QSR1000 4×4 802.11ac Wave 2 Chipset Family

hi,

i have buy me a TP-Link, Archer C7 v2 00000000  Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n and try it to upgrade to openwrt.

I have load openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin, rename it less dots, "openwrt.bin" and try to upgrade it over the webinterface from this router.

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

What sould i do now??

thanks and sorry for my bad english

nookie wrote:

hi,

i have buy me a TP-Link, Archer C7 v2 00000000  Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n and try it to upgrade to openwrt.

I have load openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin, rename it less dots, "openwrt.bin" and try to upgrade it over the webinterface from this router.

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

What sould i do now??

thanks and sorry for my bad english

http://bfy.tw/7j3r

stangri wrote:
nookie wrote:

hi,

i have buy me a TP-Link, Archer C7 v2 00000000  Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n and try it to upgrade to openwrt.

I have load openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin, rename it less dots, "openwrt.bin" and try to upgrade it over the webinterface from this router.

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

What sould i do now??

thanks and sorry for my bad english

funny, but not suitable....
okay thats its a real support forum from developer. This answer is real advertising for the product..

the first entry of google goes to this forum, and the soultion of this post are not work. i tried again with rename like "ArcherC7v2_en_eu_3_15_1_up_boot(1606167).bin"

give me please the next google link, or try to give a better answer....

nookie wrote:

hi,

i have buy me a TP-Link, Archer C7 v2 00000000  Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n and try it to upgrade to openwrt.

I have load openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin, rename it less dots, "openwrt.bin" and try to upgrade it over the webinterface from this router.

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

What sould i do now??

thanks and sorry for my bad english

The problem is that some later firmwares won't let you flash an unsigned firmware due to FCC regulations
Look up how to do flash using tftp in the unbrick section, flash to an older version.

After that, you'll be able to flash from the OEM firmware.

julianocwb wrote:

someone already installed Lede Project in archer C7 V2 ?

Lots of people.

julianocwb wrote:

The Wireless performance is OK ?

Yes, it's fine.

Hi
Thanks a lot for your replay

Best Regards

Julianocwb

Hi

I installed the firmware lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin, but dont have web interface and i saw that the newer versions de OpenWrt dont have telnet, so how i can install Luci to have Web acess ?

Thanks for help

Best Regards

Julianocwb

julianocwb wrote:

Hi
... the newer versions de OpenWrt dont have telnet, so how i can install Luci to have Web acess ?
...

ssh

Hi

Thanks a lot, I did ssh by putty and everything Is OK

Best Regards

Julianocwb

(Last edited by julianocwb on 22 Sep 2016, 05:27)

Hi guys,

I was gonna test some stuff with the stock fw, and here's what I'm not sure about - can I safely flash OpenWRT after on the latest Archer C7(EU)_V2_160616 stock firmware?

2.The EU firmware was specialized for CE certification and can't be downgraded to other version, please click here for choosing your region and selecting the most suitable firmware version to upgrade.

This is what I'm not sure about. Is it locked down?

imclueless wrote:

This is what I'm not sure about. Is it locked down?

Yes. It's locked down and you will not be able to flash any other firmwares, even official.

Hi everyone!
    First i'm quite sorry for my bad English.Now I have a tl-wdr7500 v5. I also have the ttl. We all know that use the original plant ART is  most stable.But I do not have a  programmer(a tool to Write and brush the flash).We can use the TTL to write data to the flash.So how can I use the TTL to backups the original plant ART?

Many thanks,
799211437

Hi guys,
I have a Archer C7 AC1750 but V2.1. I try upgrade Openwrt 15.05.1 but it brick
Who have solution for this version?
Tks,

Is it officially labeled as 2.1? You can try trunk which doesn't have web ui or Gargoyle which supposedly have a fix for the later editions of Archer C7 v2.

Yep, it officially labled as 2.1
i try again with trunk version, but i dont see diffirent about file size of Archer C7 15.05.1 vs trunk

trung.tran wrote:

Yep, it officially labled as 2.1
i try again with trunk version, but i dont see diffirent about file size of Archer C7 15.05.1 vs trunk

If it's finally relabeled it might have bigger modifications from original C7 v2 than the "newer versions" which had a different flash chip afaik. Please post back if either trunk (or LEDE) or Gargoyle work for you. They just as well might not.

Please help, what to do ..

I've bought the TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 2.0 router.

I followed the installation of OpenWRT procedure from wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c5-c7-wdr7500
First I tried to download openwrt-15.05.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin file but the original firmware did not let me to upgrade. Then I read from the page above that :

If you want to install 15.05.1 with support for the new gd25q128 flash chip you can download this factory or sysupgrade image, then manually install the ath10k firmware and kernel module.

That's what I did and downloaded the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin file and then updated the router using Ethernet cable. After the reboot, I cannot connect any more to it. The url 192.168.1.1 do not reply. 
I remark that my ip configuration is working my ip is 192.168.1.140 and the ping to  192.168.1.1 works.
Now, what should I do?

Sysupgrade files are only for OpenWrt -> OpenWrt upgrades. Factory images are meant to be flashed when you have e.g. stock firmware or DD-WRT running on your hardware.

I'm a beginner, I tried to download the normal firmware, which do not work, I tried the firmware from the quick start section. wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c5-c7-wdr7500
And now nothing works. What should I do now?

If you are always on OpenWRT you can use "sysupgrade" OR "factory" - if not you ahve to use the factory image. Also you have to read and to understand

The current stable release Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 provides full support for the original v2.0 version of the Archer C7 and has Luci (webUI) built-in. However, in late 2015, TP-Link changed the hardware configuration without bumping the hardware version number, v2.0 devices with serial numbers greater than 215C use a gd25q128 flash chip, which is supported in trunk as of r47588 and in custom compiles of 15.05.1 newer than r49220. Either of these options are confirmed to work, although the kmod-ath10k driver (for 5GHz Wi-Fi functionality) and LuCI (if desired) will need to be installed as packages after the firmware is flashed.

Hello, everyone!

I own an Archer C7 v2 and I'm have some issues with 5GHz network. I keep having some random  disconnects/reconnects, like if the service is restarting or something. It requires no action from me to have it back when it drops, but it's annoying... happens like 1 time each day/2 days.

Anyone aware of that, and is there a fix for it?

P.S.: 2.4GHz network runs flawlessly.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

Sorry, posts 901 to 900 are missing from our archive.