OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: HooToo TripMate HT-TM01 Wireless N150 8M flash/32M RAM

The content of this topic has been archived between 18 Apr 2018 and 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Just adding this here:

I asked HooToo if they planned to make openWRT devices, while they said they do not but they also said this:

It is ok to try new firmware to HooToo product, won't break your warranty, if there is something wrong with it, just feel free to contact us , we will do our best to help you with it, that's our 100% customer satisfaction promise.

Thank you for choosing us, wish you good luck on it, if you succeed, do you mind to write a review to share this with others?  smile
Best wishes,

HooToo Customer Care

(Last edited by Falling on 12 Mar 2014, 08:16)

Maybe with their support in trying other firmware there are certain questions we can ask them to help us make progress?
I am waiting for some de-sodering wick to arrive in the mail here, all i had was a sucker and it was not working well.

Then I will try to serial back in.

I re-sodered everything and still cannot get the menu to respond.  Will try again later this week

It may not apply, but have you tried the two suggestions sometimes made for ralink devices not responding to RX?

1) apply power when disconnected, then quickly connect

or

2) put a 680 to 1K resistor between RX & TX (I found it easiest to just slip the wires from a 1/8-watt resistor into my socket at the other end of my soldered connection, and then plug in a 3-pin header).

(Last edited by lizby on 13 Mar 2014, 16:21)

I tried a 680 resister -- no luck, but perhaps I did not do it properly.

Unfortunately shortly after that attempt I was trying to get the soder off the pads and pulled up too hard...some of the pads physically came out. 

So i think my fight is over.   Perhaps someone else will continue the fight!

I have a few of these I'm attempting to get openwrt onto.
I have a header soldered onto the serial interface and  I have the openwrt tree built.
Unfortunately there seem to be a large number of binary files for different devices.

I have no idea what to flash with which option. HooToo doesn't exist in the list and trying to flash from the web interface results in an "not enough space" error.
I've got the serial interface linked up via putty, but I honestly have no idea which image to flash. Perhaps it doesn't exist.

Finally got an image flashed.
I now have openwrt on the device.

However, I can't get any of the interfaces to connect.
Eth0 never gets a good connection from a cable, and when I enable wireless I never see a SSID being broadcasted.

I'm thoroughly confused by the network config files. It looks like they are setting up loads of unecessary vlans for ports that don't exist on this device (symptom of the image I flashed probably). I'm not sure how to go about setting up correct config files.

Anyone want to help?

plasmarobo wrote:

Finally got an image flashed.
I now have openwrt on the device.

However, I can't get any of the interfaces to connect.
Eth0 never gets a good connection from a cable, and when I enable wireless I never see a SSID being broadcasted.

I'm thoroughly confused by the network config files. It looks like they are setting up loads of unecessary vlans for ports that don't exist on this device (symptom of the image I flashed probably). I'm not sure how to go about setting up correct config files.

Anyone want to help?

I'm working on the TM02 but it is essentially the same hardware. Can you tell me the following -

-  I'm working on generating a custom image but I'd be interested in what image you used?
- Details on flashing it. Did you use the existing uboot? Did you reflash the entire flash device or just the kernel and rootfs
- Most important, did you repartition the flash or are you using the existing scheme?

The reason I'm working on a custom image is because the current flash partitioning is somewhat different than the stock version and I want to retain the ability to easily go back to the factory firmware.

Once I have the correct image flashed I'll workon the networking configuration and get that working.

Cheers,
Ron

(Last edited by wingspinner on 12 Sep 2014, 15:43)

Does anyone here have a HT-TM04? I'm thinking of getting one, but OpenWRT support is a requirement for how I want to use it. I'm trying to figure out if I might be able to use the HT-TM02 image with it, but I can't seem to track down much reliable information about its guts.

Has there been any progress with the HooToo TripMate HT-TM01? I'm looking for a way to use the usb port as a shareport for multiple input devices if that's even possible. I don't mean at the same time though. I simply want to be able to plug in a usb device (like the xbox wireless pc controller adapter) and be able to connect to it like you would with a usb over ip setup. Even if it's not possible I'd like to have the advanced options of OpenWRT smile.

wonder where plasmarobo went ;-(

I also wonder if anyone has made any progress with the HooToo TripMate HT-TM01?

Hi all!

For those interested, I can confirm that the initial image made by wingspinner for HT-TM02 works well with HT-TM01, with the proper modifications in the model version and checksum. I made a modified image based on the HT-TM02 (you can download it from here), followed  the instructions in the first post of the HT-TM02 thread (I also needed to reboot the unit manually, as it didn't reboot automatically, and the result was that my HT-TM01 was running OpenWRT. I didn't try the wifi connection, but Ethernet and Luci worked correctly. The blue system LED didn't worked after OpenWRT boots up, as wingspinner predicted in the other thread.

Unfortunately, I performed a sysupgrade in Luci with the latest trunk (I think it was r44441), as I wanted to install some packages, and then I bricked my device, so I couldn't make further tests... The unit still can be used to charge devices, but when I keep the power button pressed the blue LED keeps on and OpenWRT doesn't seem to boot. Another user in the HT-TM02 thread is reporting that he also bricked his unit, so I don't know if this is related to the TM01 or if it is an issue with the latest trunk. I think I'll have to mess with my USB-serial converter to bring it back. I hope I haven't deleted the bootloader...

So, for those who want to flash OpenWRT in their HT-TM01, you can try wingspinnner initial image, but be careful with the latest trunk!

Regards,

I managed to recover my HT-TM01 through console (something should be wrong in the sysupgrade process, as it was reporting a kernel panic on boot). I flashed the latest HT-TM02 trunk image (r44462) and right know is working without problems. Even the power LED is working (flashes in green on boot and turns to blue when the WiFi interface goes up).

I've configured it as mobile hotspot with a USB 3G modem and it's working nice. The next step will be configuring OpenVPN and VPNC, so I'll have a portable VPN hotspot for work and home. smile

Thanks to wingspinner and all the people that contribute to make OpenWRT so amazing!

Regards

Hi frikinet

did you apply any changes to the r44462 ht-tm02 trunk image?

ernvs wrote:

Hi frikinet

did you apply any changes to the r44462 ht-tm02 trunk image?

Hi,

I didn't make any change in the r44462 image. I flashed it after flashing the modified initial factory image created by wingspinner.

BR

Hi frikinet,

ok wrong question -- what modifications to the initial factory image from wingspinner you did?
I´ll try to run a HT-TM03 with openwrt.

thnx

-----EDIT-----
Nevermind, i felt lucky and just tried it, WORKS ;-)
-----EDIT-----

Hi !
I found this thread and understand that openwrt should now run.
Is it still neccessary to flash the uboot by serial interface or can i directly do a firmware upgrade from the hootoo GUI using the factory image ?
Please help :-)

Ender

(Last edited by enderffx on 5 Dec 2015, 15:15)

Hi ! I managed to lock me out, i cannot enter the openwrt setup again.
I tried to reset pressing the little reset button but it does not seem to do a factory reset.
How can i reset the OpenWRT Settings ?

Greetings,

Ender

The discussion might have continued from here.