OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WD My Net N750 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Mar 2018 and 21 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

sparky1979 wrote:

Perdido,

Step by step would be helpful.  Quite a few screens are different at http://trac.gateworks.com/wiki/relayd compared to the latest luci interface.  It would be helpful to have it updated.  The spanish directions are for the tplink and not this particular trunk and router which I'm confuses things.


there are more tabs in the relayd example but the necesary ones are the same.
if you have luci installed but you cant make the wifi run is beacuse you need to get the libiwinfo packages. when i installed luci they didn't come with it.


opkg update

opkg install libiwinfo libiwinfo-lua

then conect to the signal you want to repeat. in the tab network and go to the new tab wifi and scan for the wifi signal you want to repeat.

write the password and submit. A new page will appear, click save and apply. now you must be connected to the wifi(wait at least a minute, i dont know why but it takes a while to conect to the wifi signal).

to repeat the signal you must install relayd.

opkg update

opkg install relayd

/etc/init.d/relayd enable

now you must go to putty o winspc( this is more friendly to use)

http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

when you have it installed, launch it and put in scp protocol and write your ip, user(root) and your password let everything else like it was.

something like this should apear.

http://www.softlibrewin.org.ar/Instalac … enshot.gif

in the right window click the folder with an arrow(like the one above the folder amenu in the example).

then look for the folder etc, open it and look for the folder config and open this one too.

you must look for 3 files: wireless, network and dhcp.

click in wireless and add this to the end of the file(edit the ssid and the password)


config wifi-iface
option device 'radio0'
option mode 'ap'
option ssid 'your-router-name'
option encryption 'psk2'
option key 'your-passwrod'
option network 'lan'

maybe you need to tabulate the options to make them look like the others

and save.

then go to network and add this to the end and save.

config interface 'stabridge'
option proto 'relay'
option network 'lan wwan'

and finally go to dhcp and add this "option ignore 1" right before the "option lease time 12h" and save

it should look like this


config dhcp lan
option interface lan
option start 100
option limit 150
option leasetime 12h
"option ignore 1"

config dhcp wan
option interface wan
option ignore 1

the one in "quotes" is the one you must add.

then reboot the router and now it must be repeating the wifi signal.

you can make this via putty but you need to learn the commands. i didnt do it by this way because is harder for me, but maybe you find it more suitable for you.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/user.beginner.cli

(Last edited by perdido on 14 Feb 2014, 19:53)

dp79 wrote:

By the way, I'm using a ralink RT3070 in one of the USB ports as WAN interface, the onboard 2.4 GHZ radio is the LAN side and the device is set up in routed client mode.

Thanks,
     dp79

Can you tell me how you make the ralink rt3070 usb adapter work in this router, please? in having some problems because when i install the packages the router mix the internal wifi with the adapter and only the internal wifi works.
thanks in advance.

Claro que si.

You need to edit your wan side in /etc/config/network

config interface 'wan'
        #option ifname 'wlan0' -important to comment this out or to remove it.
        option proto 'dhcp'

Here is my wireless config:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device radio0
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '5'
        option hwmode '11ng'
        option path 'platform/ar934x_wmac'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        list ht_capab 'LDPC'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list ht_capab 'TX-STBC'
        list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
        list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
        option device radio0
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'Openwrt0'
        option encryption 'wep'
        option key '1'
        option key1 '1111111111'

config wifi-device radio1
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '10'
        option hwmode '11na'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        list ht_capab 'LDPC'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list ht_capab 'TX-STBC'
        list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
        list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option disabled 1

config wifi-iface
        option device radio1
        #option network 'lan'
        #option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'openwrt'
        #option encryption 'none'
        #option key 'password'

config wifi-device radio2
        option type     mac80211
        option channel  1
        option hwmode   11ng
        option path     'platform/ehci-platform/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1:1.0'
        option htmode   HT20
        list ht_capab   GF
        list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-20
        list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-40
        list ht_capab   RX-STBC1
        # REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
        option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
        option device   radio2
        option network  wan
        option mode     sta
        option ssid    Openwrt
        option encryption wep
        option key 1
        option key1     1111111111111

Packages you need:

iw
kmod-rt2800-usb
kmod-usb-core
kmod-usb-ohci
kmod-usb2
usbutils
wireless-tools
dp79 wrote:

Thanks varkey amd Peter!
I've checked out the site and unfortunately  the package repo does not contain all packages I need. So I have to wait until they implement it in trunk. Or I build it myself, but I would need his patches for that to be done. I see an extra patches folder, but I guess those are additional patches over the main fix.

I just upgraded to current trunk (r39582). Everything works flawlessly now. I get full speed on 2.4Ghz The previous version I used was r39185.

I upgraded to the current trunk (r39586), but still facing the same issue with the switch. Link speed is always 100 Mbps, it never negotiates Gigabit speeds.

I believe I am doing something wrong. I am unable to enable the 5Ghz radio. It is listed as "Mode: Unknown" and says, "Wireless is disabled or not associated"
Edit: All sorted. Something I have played around with has made it work. I currently have it set to HT20 and transmit power to 0dBm and it is working. Going to play around with it later to see what is breaking it.

(Last edited by simplexion on 19 Mar 2014, 05:28)

Is HT40+/- not supported on the 5Ghz radio? It appears to kill that radio if you enable it.
Would using the firmware generated from HERE resolve the issues I am having, or is this even necessary with the current trunk? I am using r39935.

No problem here with current trunk and HT40 on 5 GHz.

I wonder if it is something to do with my setup then. Can you post your wireless config?

Pretty basic and mostly default - channel 36, WPA2 PSK, 17dbm transmit power, HT40+ (2nd channel above). In fact, I think all I did was give it a name, a password, and turn on 40 MHz. Using r39903.

(Last edited by drawz on 21 Mar 2014, 05:39)

dp79 wrote:
dp79 wrote:

By the way, I'm using a ralink RT3070 in one of the USB ports as WAN interface, the onboard 2.4 GHZ radio is the LAN side and the device is set up in routed client mode.

Thanks,
     dp79

Can you tell me how you make the ralink rt3070 usb adapter work in this router, please? in having some problems because when i install the packages the router mix the internal wifi with the adapter and only the internal wifi works.
thanks in advance.

Claro que si.

You need to edit your wan side in /etc/config/network

config interface 'wan'
        #option ifname 'wlan0' -important to comment this out or to remove it.
        option proto 'dhcp'

Here is my wireless config:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device radio0
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '5'
        option hwmode '11ng'
        option path 'platform/ar934x_wmac'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        list ht_capab 'LDPC'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list ht_capab 'TX-STBC'
        list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
        list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
        option device radio0
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'Openwrt0'
        option encryption 'wep'
        option key '1'
        option key1 '1111111111'

config wifi-device radio1
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '10'
        option hwmode '11na'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        list ht_capab 'LDPC'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list ht_capab 'TX-STBC'
        list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
        list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option disabled 1

config wifi-iface
        option device radio1
        #option network 'lan'
        #option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'openwrt'
        #option encryption 'none'
        #option key 'password'

config wifi-device radio2
        option type     mac80211
        option channel  1
        option hwmode   11ng
        option path     'platform/ehci-platform/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1:1.0'
        option htmode   HT20
        list ht_capab   GF
        list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-20
        list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-40
        list ht_capab   RX-STBC1
        # REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
        option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
        option device   radio2
        option network  wan
        option mode     sta
        option ssid    Openwrt
        option encryption wep
        option key 1
        option key1     1111111111111

Packages you need:

iw
kmod-rt2800-usb
kmod-usb-core
kmod-usb-ohci
kmod-usb2
usbutils
wireless-tools

sorry for the very late reply. i couldn't make it so i gave up. and now i decide to try again and it is working, i dont know if it is the new trunk or the new packages. it takes his time to start working but it finally does.

drawz wrote:

Pretty basic and mostly default - channel 36, WPA2 PSK, 17dbm transmit power, HT40+ (2nd channel above). In fact, I think all I did was give it a name, a password, and turn on 40 MHz. Using r39903.

HT40 isn't currently supported with DFS. Channel 36 does not require DFS.

Hello!
Been using my WD N750 with Barrier Breaker for months and it was great!
Now i messed up with it: tryed to flash some images(even tried Gargoyle from eko.one.pl) and configurations but what i was looking for was a way to have it all including transmission, usb-hdd, usb wan, mwan3 working on web interface.
At some point wan port didn't work so flashed back original firmware and its all working (as original fw) except that i can't reflash any fw again(no ping on recovery mode) not original neither 3rd party fw!
I was thinking about to reflash using serial but never made it and my search results are too wide to be sure what to do.
So i'm posting here to get some ideas and as a last resource how to perform serial recovery the correct way: wich cable, wich apps, windows or linux,... etc. Can do some soldering to make serial permanent on this device.

Thanx in advance!

(Last edited by nicaroxo on 17 Sep 2014, 17:18)

nicaroxo wrote:

Hello!
Been using my WD N750 with Barrier Breaker for months and it was great!
Now i messed up with it: tryed to flash some images(even tried Gargoyle from eko.one.pl) and configurations but what i was looking for was a way to have it all including transmission, usb-hdd, usb wan, mwan3 working on web interface.
At some point wan port didn't work so flashed back original firmware and its all working (as original fw) except that i can't reflash any fw again(no ping on recovery mode) not original neither 3rd party fw!
I was thinking about to reflash using serial but never made it and my search results are too wide to be sure what to do.
So i'm posting here to get some ideas and as a last resource how to perform serial recovery the correct way: wich cable, wich apps, windows or linux,... etc. Can do some soldering to make serial permanent on this device.

Thanx in advance!

I think I had a similar situation and I believe I had to use the WAN port to connect to it when it was in recovery mode.

Hi i wood love to have Gargoyle on my n750 can you give me a bin pleas?

"I think I had a similar situation and I believe I had to use the WAN port to connect to it when it was in recovery mode."
Nope, tried all that possibilities, it doesn't ping unless its powered normally.
But thanks, hard_where!

nicaroxo wrote:

no ping on recovery mode

That's curious. IIRC the recovery mode is part of the bootloader, if that were damaged your router wouldn't boot at all. These questions may seem stupid, but: When you initiate the emergency recovery, does the LED blink slowly? Did you setup your network card accordingly?

(Last edited by metai on 20 Sep 2014, 22:39)

Gess what? Lefted it alone for 24h unplugged... Retried with usual from the recovery panel and... Tadaaaa!... The webpage changed to countdown(170s)... Now it reflashed and i'm reconfiguring!
So, after all i think i was confusing:
- It seems that there's no ping in recovery, unless my unit is defective. So if there's no ping, what happened yesterday when i rechecked setup for hours and couldn't flash? Allways took some time(30s) to process ending at "server not found" page (like a timeout)...

If someone knows how, i'd be very thankfull to enable a serial console and the guidance for that (if its a solution).

Member metai and others who helped, thank you!

metai wrote:
nicaroxo wrote:

no ping on recovery mode

That's curious. IIRC the recovery mode is part of the bootloader, if that were damaged your router wouldn't boot at all. These questions may seem stupid, but: When you initiate the emergency recovery, does the LED blink slowly? Did you setup your network card accordingly (It's 192.168.1.1 whereas OpenWrt's default is 192.168.0.1)?

Just in case anyone runs across this in the future, the factory and openwrt are both on 192.168.1.1 by default, including the recovery mode.

drawz wrote:

Just in case anyone runs across this in the future, the factory and openwrt are both on 192.168.1.1 by default, including the recovery mode.

You are right of course. I mixed it up with the DIR-505 recovery mode, which is practically identical but works on 0.1 ... and for good measure changed it around, too. Not my finest hour ... I edited my post, thanks for the heads-up.

nicaroxo
thanks mate! I now have Gargoyle on my n750 thanks a lot.

Hi Guys

Got a special situation here which means I need to replace the bootloader on my N750. If anyone can put a link to their 256 KiB file online I'd be most grateful.

Cheers All

Hello, I've somehow deleted LAN connection on my router and have no access to it, Wifi is OFF. I've tried to Reset router by powering OFF and on whilre holding reset button for 15 seconds. Then I wanted to get to web interface at 192.168.1.1 but page is unavailable.
Any idea how can I reset router and get it back to work?

If your failsafe doesn't work, follow the instructions for Emergency Flash mode and flash the OpenWrt factory image again.

(Last edited by metai on 2 Jan 2015, 21:22)

metai wrote:

If your failsafe doesn't work, follow the instructions for Emergency Flash mode and flash the OpenWrt factory image again.

This is not working with OpenWRT image already in router. I think it works only when there was stock image. Webinterface at 192.168.1.1 is not available! Any idea how to unbrick this router?

Sorry, posts 76 to 75 are missing from our archive.