Dragorn has instructions for building with the new devel source on kismetwireless.net (works with madwifi-ng, broadcomm, ipw2100, ipw2200, and all kinds of other interfaces that the "release" doesn't).
http://www.kismetwireless.net/blog/inde … e=20051219
The build is the same as for the wrt54G. I have several drones up on both wgt634u's and wrt54Gs. The 634u's are much more sensitive.
In a nutshell (assuming you're familiar with both kismet and openwrt build processes):
1) svn the current kismet-devel source down
2) compile per Dragorn's documentation, pointing at your own dev environment
3) configure a monitor interface on the box
4) configure for madwifing_g source pointing at the interface you created (or madwifing_ag if you have replaced the card with something nicer)
5) start up kismet_drone or kismet_server and knock yourself out.
Newcore works too, if you get adventurous.
(Last edited by whm3 on 13 Mar 2006, 23:46)