OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Squid Proxy firewall issue please help

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I followed the firewall rules as mentioned by openwrt.org guidelines as follows

Transparent proxy rule (same host)
The rule below redirects all outgoing HTTP traffic from lan through a proxy server listening at port 3128 on the router itself.
config redirect
    option src              lan
    option proto            tcp
    option src_dport        80
    option dest_port        3128
    option dest_ip          192.168.1.1
I also installed squid 2.7 and after setup when I am going to google then the webpage is showing but when ever I click on any link for websites then its not showing any page and just giving me page not found error, I would like to know is there anything I am doing wrong, I will really appreciate response. I am using ubiquiti routerstation pro with openwrt. Thanks

1. Is your router's LAN IP 192.168.1.1 ?
2. Is squid working without problem? Try to change your browser's proxy settings to 192.168.1.1:3128 .
3. It seems squid needs configuraton parameter for tranparent proxy.
http://www.broexperts.com/2013/03/squid … entos-6-4/

Good luck!

Thanks for your quick response, I would like to mention that yes my router lan ip is 192.168.1.1( Router IP also as gateway ip) and I installed squid inside the router so there is no external squid proxy and as I installed inside the router which is ubiquiti routerstation pro and now I would like to direct all 80 port traffic via that squid proxy which is installed in my router. I will appreciate your response. I tried to test just squid first and i am using 2.7 version and I am getting an error because I am thinking this is squid issue or may not be the firewall issue. Please have look on that error below. Thanks

Fatal: cache_dir /var/cache: 92) No such file or directory
squid cache (version 2.7.stable): terminated abnormally.

CPU Usage: 0.020  seconds = 0.020 user + c.00c sys
Maximum Resident Size:  4768 kb
Page faults with physical I/o: 0
Aborted

(Last edited by ahmad1061 on 25 Dec 2013, 15:50)

The discussion might have continued from here.