OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: isdn4k-utils on OpenWrt?

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

do they exist in OpenWrt wolrd?

Best regards!

isdn4k-utils compile just fine for OpenWRT, if you ever compiled anything for OpenWRT, you should try to compile it yourself.

If you just want the binaries, I uploaded them to http://www2.wpkg.org/openwrt/isdn

Tell what you want to do and what device you have, perhaps I could help you some more.

Thanks for the effort, but I can't access the webpage. I haven't yet compiled anything for OpenWrt, are there things I should be aware about?

I'm just "migrating" from my PC-server to a OpenWRT based server.
I will upload the files today.

Thanks again. I've followed the instructions listed in 'OpenWrt hacking' document and created some files needed by the compilation process but I doubt it will work correctly. Could you please upload your OpenWrt/packages/isdn4k-utils directory too? I could probably learn something from this example.

I've been punching into this for over three hours now and I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to build isdn4k-utils by myself. Are there any other instructions on how the compilation process works?

I'll try to upload it today once I'm back home.

What tools from isdn4k-utils do you need, anyway?

It should work now - http://wpkg.org/openwrt

If some links are broken, let me know.

Nope, the link doesn't work. I get a #404 error. For starters, I need ipppd, isdnctrl and hisaxctrl.

Hi guys. I have posted all about my OpenWRT & USB ISDN odyssey
on another topic: http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=23566

I am currently running WhiteRussian RC4 on an ASUS WL-HDD 2.5.
I have an HFC USB adapter connected (I have compiled my own modules)
and am running a very stripped down version of asterisk (with very few stuff loaded)...

I experience a strange problem. Everything works fine, but after
some hours I just don't have any outgoing sound on incoming calls.
When somebody calls, asterisk rings the phones ok, I can pickup
the line, listen ok, but they can not hear me...

Restarting asterisk does not work. The only thing that seems to correct
the problem is rebooting the system. I guess this may have something to
do with the driver. Do you experience any strange behaviour after having
the system online for too long?

Antony

This happened to me as well, on a regular PC though.

It reminds of a bug in asterisk some time ago, called "no audio after 2006-01-25" - search for it in google for more details.
Maybe it's somehow related.

I'd bet it's asterisk problem, not ISDN.

mangoo wrote:

Hey, sorry, wrong link smile
Should be http://www2.wpkg.org/openwrt/

Thanks, but I'd need sources as well. I'm building on x86, not on mips.

Just download the sources from isdn4k-utils.

It builds fine on mipsel, so you shouldn't have problems on x86.

The only thing I did was to change the CC in Makefiles.

mangoo wrote:

Just download the sources from isdn4k-utils. It builds fine on mipsel, so you shouldn't have problems on x86. The only thing I did was to change the CC in Makefiles.

I've already built what I need, but I'd like to integrate the isdn4k-utils package into OpenWrt build system for other people to use. Have you written the openwrt/package/isdn4k-utils stuff (e.g. Makefile, Config.in & friends) maybe? I'm having some problems with that and OpenWrt hacking guide isn't doing me any good. Is there any other documentation?

No, I didn't integrate it into the buildroot.

Usually, I just make binaries, and then ipk packages, without integrating anything into the buildroot.

mangoo wrote:

No, I didn't integrate it into the buildroot.

Usually, I just make binaries, and then ipk packages, without integrating anything into the buildroot.

And that is sad. If you would like to share your efforts with us (OpenWrt developers) other people could actually use your work in a simple way. Just in doing ipkg install xxx after the next release or with our backports.

So people, do not keep your work hidden, send us patches for buildroot to add new packages. Then we can fix bugs and finetune the stuff.

bye
wbx

I just found the learning curve a bit too steep and time-consuming for me to integrate everything into the buildroot.

I can make the package, make some changes in the sources, in order to compile everything under mipsel/uclibc (which I also publish and don't hide anything).

So, if anyone wants later to integrate it into the buildroot, I see no obstacles.

(Last edited by mangoo on 27 Mar 2006, 11:05)

mangoo wrote:

I just found the learning curve a bit too steep and time-consuming for me to integrate everything into the buildroot.

So do I but given the circumstances I might actually have the time to do this. At least ipppd and isdnctrl compile cleanly and my guess is everything else should pose no problem at all. wbx, is there an appropriate place where we can discuss packaging (writing Makefiles, Config.in & stuff)? I could really use some insight.

frak wrote:
mangoo wrote:

So do I but given the circumstances I might actually have the time to do this. At least ipppd and isdnctrl compile cleanly and my guess is everything else should pose no problem at all. wbx, is there an appropriate place where we can discuss packaging (writing Makefiles, Config.in & stuff)? I could really use some insight.

We already have a nice documentation for it here:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/docs/build … ation.html

Otherwise consult our HowTo for the SDK:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/BuildingPackagesHowTo

After you have read the docs, everything should be clear. Otherwise ask your question either via forum or drop me a mail -> wbx@openwrt.org

To run asterisk on the avm fritz!box 7050 or 7150 (mipsel) I had to compile the capi20 library of capi4kutils (and chan_capi-cm for asterisk). My openwrt files against openwrt HEAD Makefile, Config.in, patches ...) can be found here. - If you want to add it to the  openwrt svn repository you are welcome.

spblinux

The discussion might have continued from here.