OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: PCMCIA backport

The content of this topic has been archived on 13 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I'm interested in a working PCMCIA environment for whiterussian, so I started to port the stuff I found in the kamikaze branch to whiterussian. Has anybody experience with this?

Especially concerning the patches mentioned at the bottom of http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=3276

The patch 009 looks a litle like a dirty hack but I don't know enough about kernel PCMCIA stuff to understand what it actually does.

So far I have the pcmcia-cs package compiled as well as the pcmcia-core and pcmcia-serial module packages.

To test the stuff I have an Option UMTS-Card and a Novatel Merlin U630 but without the mentioned patches they don't work yet. I only see the USB-root-hub when I reboot with the option card pluged in:

# lspci -v
[...]
02:00.0 USB Controller: OPTi Inc. 82C861 (rev 10) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
        Subsystem: OPTi Inc. 82C861
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 2
        [virtual] Memory at 10000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

here should be found a usb-serial device which provides access to the card.
With the patches applied I'm able to load the usbserial module with "vendor=0xaf0 product=0x5000" and get the devices needed to connect with pppd.

When I reboot with the merlin U630 nothing is recognized. Neither when I switch the cards while the router is running.
This card should be accessed directly by serial_cs but I did'nt find any parameters yet to get it work. BTW this one is a 16-bit pc-card. Option builds cardbus cards.

If the kernel-stuff works stable I'm willing to add a apropriate web interface to configure the stuff...

ok, got a connection with the Option card so far. Do I have a chance to submit my changes to the whiterussian branch?

I also got the Novatel running so all what is left now is to put it all together and write some nice startup scripts. I already have started a webif module for the common stuff...

(Last edited by eJunky on 28 Mar 2006, 17:25)

eJunky wrote:

I also got the Novatel running so all what is left now is to put it all together and write some nice startup scripts. I already have started a webif module for the common stuff...

E-Junky.. i'm very interested in getting the Novatel going.      Do you need to have cardmgr and cardctl running?

The discussion might have continued from here.