after hard working i have it done, who installing openwrt on my Dlink DIR600 B5, without connect it to Serial Port ...
Now what you are required for this?
1. You need to download this Files:
|-> My build of Original Firmware (mirror)
2. You need a local Webhost to download a part of Firmware to your Dlink.
3. You have an NFS-Server online (to make it easier flash first part of Firmware...)
Now thats it!
[ For the background: I had compiled my own firmware.bin form the Original Source Code from the Dlink Server. (GPL Source v2.17)
In this case I have build it with busybox v1.19.1 with any more functions in it. Inc. the telnetd daemon you need to get burn the uloader.img to the router...
The telnetd daemon is available on the Port 2323 and you don't need any login data!)
( This configure I used: )
|-> 192.168.0.1 ==> Router IP (@ first part of flash)
|-> 192.168.0.2 ==> My Client PC (@ first part of flash)
|-> 192.168.1.1 ==> Router IP (in sec. part)
|-> 192.168.1.2 ==> My Client PC (in sec. part)
My NFS-Server + Webhost Folder is: /var/www .In there is a Subfolder who called dlink, witch the openwrt.img's are copied into it...
($ cp openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin /var/www/dlink/
[ ! Don't forget the right chmod + chown ! ]
$ sudo chown -R nobody:nogroup /var/www/dlink && sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/dlink )
So when you finished all downloads and maked your Server Live, you are ready to bring it On:
1. Flash MyBuild Frimware (dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin) to device. (You can use the emergency room or the normal Upload Site from the router...)
2. After the Router is rebooted you can connect via telnet to your device:
$ telnet 192.168.0.1 2323
3. When you connected you need to upload the uImage.bin to device. (Via wget | tftp | ftp get/put | nfs-mount ...)
In this case I used nfs-mount to flash it:
$ mount -o nolock -t nfs 192.168.0.2:/var/www /home
$ cd /home/dlink
$ busybox flash_unlock /dev/mtd/2 # don't use /dev/mtdblock/2, this is the wrong path to flash!
$ busybox flashcp openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin /dev/mtd/2
# Now don't turn off device or you get a brick! .... After 1-2 min the Command are finished. You see it when a new Line are displayed. ( e.g. $ )
$ reboot -f # Now Reboot ...
After that the Power LED goes On, then Off, then blinking 5-10 sec... In that time when its blinking the LED for the first LAN should me lights UP. (... e.g. Your PC is connect to it ... ^^)
Now at the end of booting device the Power+LAN1 Lights are ON.
4. Then the Openwrt Web Interface are available @ 192.168.1.1 . Your PC you gived the IP: 192.168.1.2 .
You can now flash the openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin Firmware to Device... !
After the next Reboot, IT DONE !!!!
Now Have fun with the Next Generation Firmware: Openwrt :-D
(Sorry for my bad English but iam from Germany and iam really dump in English session @ School ^^)
So have a nice time ...
MFG Master X