OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Can anyone please do a small easy test, do you have this issue?

Initial state: any OpenWRT CC build, enable wireless and encryption.

Step 0. No wireless clients.
Step 1. Do: client A - connect to 2.4 GHz
Step 2. Do: client B - connect to 2.4 GHz
Step 3. Do: client A - disconnect from 2.4 GHz
Result: client B - goes offline (connection is associated, but network not available, no ping).

You can use 5 GHz connection for both clients too.

(Last edited by Vanav on 21 May 2015, 16:37)

Vanav wrote:

Can anyone please do a small easy test, do you have this issue?

Initial state: any OpenWRT CC build, enable wireless and encryption.

Step 0. No wireless clients.
Step 1. Do: client A - connect to 2.4 GHz
Step 2. Do: client B - connect to 2.4 GHz
Step 3. Do: client A - disconnect from 2.4 GHz
Result: client B - goes offline (connection is associated, but network not available, no ping).

You can use 5 GHz connection for both clients too.

I will be firing up a WRT1900AC V1 and will test this scenario for you but I need to know which CC image you are running.

Any build is interesting to me, it is strange that no one is mentioning this issue, maybe any other popular build doesn't have this issue.

Nikotine wrote:

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to send it back, and I'm responsible for the shipping cost as well.

You won't be able to score a v2 for quite some time.

Kaloz wrote:
Nikotine wrote:

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to send it back, and I'm responsible for the shipping cost as well.

I'll keep the v1 then.
Somehow I predict that the v2 will sooner or later have overheating issues, so that fan might come in handy.

Nikotine wrote:
Kaloz wrote:
Nikotine wrote:

I'll keep the v1 then.
Somehow I predict that the v2 will sooner or later have overheating issues, so that fan might come in handy.

WRT1900AC(v1) - Mamba
WRT1900AC(v2) - Cobra
WRT1200AC - Caiman

Mamba stats

Board: RD-AXP-GP rev 1.0
SoC:   MV78230 B0
       running 2 CPUs
       Custom configuration
CPU:   Marvell PJ4B (584) v7 (Rev 2) LE
       CPU 0
       CPU    @ 1200 [MHz]
       L2     @ 600 [MHz]
       TClock @ 250 [MHz]
       DDR    @ 600 [MHz]
       DDR 32Bit Width, FastPath Memory Access
       DDR ECC Disabled
DRAM:  256 MiB

NAND:  Spansion 1Gb(ID=F101) 128 MiB

(Last edited by gufus on 21 May 2015, 20:51)

@Kaloz

Can you push kernel 3.18.14 to trunk please? smile

PHLAK wrote:

Has anyone tried Chaos Calmer RC1 yet?

I see it use's kernel 3.18.11

Just FYI A new firmware version was released by Linksys for Version 1 hardware:

Ver.1.1.9.166760
Latest Date: 05/18/2015

Firmware version:    1.1.9.166760
Release date:        May 18, 2015

- Added support for OpenVPN
- Removed TZO from the DDNS options list
- General bug fixes

JW0914 Thanks for those settings I will play with that over this coming weekend.

edit: removed

(Last edited by kirkgbr on 22 May 2015, 13:41)

For the WRT1200 people following along...

Product:        Linksys WRT1200AC
Classification:        Firmware Release Notes

===========================================================================

Firmware version:    1.0.4.166869
Release date:        May 18, 2015

- Added support for OpenVPN
- General bug fixes
Vanav wrote:

Chadster766, thank you. I've tested:
- official build 05-May-2015, r45601, linux 3.18.11, https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … u/generic/
- official build 18-May-2015, linux 3.18.11, https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … u/generic/
- Kaloz build 23-Apr-2015, linux 3.18.11, https://downloads.openwrt.org/people/kaloz/
Any build have this issue.

I did the testing as described with both Kaloz and Trunk images on the WRT1900AC V1.

Testing was done with IPv4 only and the default wireless settings except I changed the 5Ghz SSID to OpenWRT_50. I never have both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID the same as a policy. My desktop (Client B) wireless adapter is set Static IP Address 192.168.1.2 and my S5 (Client A) is DHCP.

Client B could always ping 192.168.1.1 whether or not Client A was connected.

Looks like this might be an issue with your OpenWRT settings or wireless adapters.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 22 May 2015, 04:51)

Chadster766, thanks. Both clients were connected only to 5 GHz? Encryption was enabled? Did you followed order (nothing connected, then first connect A, then connect B, then disconnect A and check B)?

Vanav wrote:

Chadster766, thanks. Both clients were connected only to 5 GHz? Encryption was enabled? Did you followed order (nothing connected, then first connect A, then connect B, then disconnect A and check B)?

In your test description you only mention 2.4Ghz so I didn't do 5Ghz but I can if you want.

Yes I followed the connect and disconnect order with only two client devices.

No encryption since those are the default wireless settings.

Question are you using a 4 letter password for WPA\WPA2 encryption? Shouldn't that be a minimum of 8 characters?

Chadster766, please enable encryption, it is required to trigger the bug. All other is ok, I've incorrectly read your message about 5 GHz, you can leave 2.4 GHz. I've used 8 character password, it was just masked in my post, sorry for confusion.

(Last edited by Vanav on 22 May 2015, 05:24)

Vanav wrote:

Chadster766, please enable encryption, it is required to trigger the bug. All other is ok, I've incorrectly read your message about 5 GHz, you can leave 2.4 GHz. I've used 8 character password, it was just masked in my post, sorry for confusion.

Sure i will enable the encryption and do the test again.

Sorry, posts 5126 to 5125 are missing from our archive.