OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

catohagen wrote:
mmilburn wrote:

I haven't tried to setup a guest network.  Has anyone else on the thread?  If I get a chance, I will try to set this up.  Be warned, my priorities are getting a McWRT release out, and getting us mainline OpenWRT support, will try if I get some time (don't hold your breath).

In my attempt, just following the steps (http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/gue … binterface) after creating the new wifi
and network (guest network visible in Interfaces, static) i notice the working wifi's have 'unknown' listed, but the new guest wifi have 'Master'

wdev1: Unknown "dd-wrt_5ghz" wdev0: Unknown "dd-wrt_G" wdev0: Master "guest"

turning ssid 'guest' on, i can see configs are reloaded and all wifi's will "restart" but 'guest' remains disabled.

see screengrabs : (running this as main router for now, so all kids phones and stuff connect to 'dd-wrt' networks, so i named ssids after the other router do get away easy from the nagging smile )
http://i.imgur.com/q2JHuvg.png
http://i.imgur.com/zGGBVpx.png

but maybe the radio hardware/drivers isn't multi-SSID capable ?

I couldn't get it to work also.

gufus wrote:

Did you manage to remove the extra guest ssid from the web interface with Luci ?

I had to edit /etc/config/wireless and manually remove the lines...

Thanks for working on this.  I installed MCWrt last weekend, and everything is working fine.  I have a couple things that I would like to get working, like parental restrictions and the guest network, but so far everything looks good.
The performance streaming from USB seems a little off, but maybe I am not doing something wrong. --This is my first attempt at OpenWrt, but I will figure it out. With that said, no show stoppers and wireless performance is good.  This firmware did take care of an issue that I reported in the Linksys support forums.  I had some issues with the the 2.4GHz network causing daily lock-up issues on the router.  The only way around it was to disable the 2.4GHz and only use the 5GHz.  Considering I paid way more than I should have for this router, I am happy to report that I can use the 2.4GHz network again, and everything seems fine. 

So keep up the great work.  I hope you will get more help(if you need it), and continue working on this firmware.  Thanks again.

Thanks for all the effort put into this! Sorry for the newb question, but I have the MCWrt installed on my wrt1900ac now, and I'm wondering if its possible to set up openvpn server on this yet, and has anyone tried it?

hello I am new at this so please be patient I am wanting 2 block Xbox Live from my son so he won't stay up so late can someone please give me step by step instruction?preferably in the GUI Thanks...

ShawnG1972 wrote:

Thanks for working on this.  I installed MCWrt last weekend, and everything is working fine.  I have a couple things that I would like to get working, like parental restrictions

If you want parental restrictions, setup Ad blocking and add the website(s) NAME into the extra HOSTS file.

0.0.0.0 en.canoe.ca
0.0.0.0 news.myway.com
0.0.0.0 sex.com

https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wi … -WRT1900AC

(Last edited by gufus on 8 Oct 2014, 00:32)

Thanks, Gufus.  I am blocking sites with another DNS service.  I just need something that will let me set time restrictions.
Example:  I would like to shut off MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx @11 etc.  I have 3 kids with multiple devices, so this would be a nice to have.

ShawnG1972 wrote:

Thanks, Gufus.  I am blocking sites with another DNS service.  I just need something that will let me set time restrictions.
Example:  I would like to shut off MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx @11 etc.  I have 3 kids with multiple devices, so this would be a nice to have.

Sorry, my script can't do that, that would be complicated to write.

firewall should support mac filtering.  Try mashing these two examples together:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/firewal … .using.mac
Note the prereqs here:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/firewal … tain.times

another option would be to use the mac rule, and use cron to add and drop the rule at the appropriate times.

ShawnG1972 wrote:

edit: grammar

(Last edited by mmilburn on 8 Oct 2014, 21:18)

Thanks, mmilburn.  That looks like something I could use.  smile

I am not very familiar with the GUI.  If you can piece together the suggestions I made to ShawnG1972, that would probably do the trick. 

LIVADITISD wrote:

hello I am new at this so please be patient I am wanting 2 block Xbox Live from my son so he won't stay up so late can someone please give me step by step instruction?preferably in the GUI Thanks...

EDIT:  My kids had me fooled...the post below does not work. I will try again on the weekend when I have more time.
---------
LIVADITISD:  I used the GUI.  I clicked on the Network tab, Firewall, Custom Rules, and I used the following:
The prereqs mentioned before were already installed too...

Since I am new at this, I am not sure if you can batch this into 1 file with the src macs...I will keep looking.
Note: I removed the actual MAC addresses and replaced with XX.
I copy pasted the actual MAC addresses from the main screen(Status) under DHCP leases.

config rule
        option src                  lan
        option dest                wan
        option src_mac         xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
        option extra               '-m time --weekdays Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu --timestart 22:45 -timestop 06:30'
        option target              REJECT

config rule
        option extra               '-m time --weekdays Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu --timestart 22:45 -timestop 06:30'
        option target             REJECT

(Last edited by ShawnG1972 on 9 Oct 2014, 04:25)

I'm troubleshooting IPv6 and finding that Attitude Adjustment 12.09 has IPv6 routing issues. The default IPv6 route isn't being added when the wan gets an IPv6 address. I would think this is where IPv6 development would have started for AA.

The OpenWRT IPv6 wide-dhcpv6 packages are well documented and probably work well but because they don't have a LuCI frontend I'm staying away from them.

Personally I'm fine with command line config but less experienced user probably won't be.

Hi,

any plans to release a new version for people who dont can build from your source?

skdubg wrote:

Hi,

any plans to release a new version for people who dont can build from your source?

Yes a new release will be available soon smile

I was hoping to have it ready last weekend but during QA I discovered some issues with it. It's best QA be thorough.

gufus wrote:
catohagen wrote:
mmilburn wrote:

I haven't tried to setup a guest network.  Has anyone else on the thread?  If I get a chance, I will try to set this up.  Be warned, my priorities are getting a McWRT release out, and getting us mainline OpenWRT support, will try if I get some time (don't hold your breath).

In my attempt, just following the steps (http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/gue … binterface) after creating the new wifi
and network (guest network visible in Interfaces, static) i notice the working wifi's have 'unknown' listed, but the new guest wifi have 'Master'

wdev1: Unknown "dd-wrt_5ghz" wdev0: Unknown "dd-wrt_G" wdev0: Master "guest"

turning ssid 'guest' on, i can see configs are reloaded and all wifi's will "restart" but 'guest' remains disabled.

see screengrabs : (running this as main router for now, so all kids phones and stuff connect to 'dd-wrt' networks, so i named ssids after the other router do get away easy from the nagging smile )
http://i.imgur.com/q2JHuvg.png
http://i.imgur.com/zGGBVpx.png

but maybe the radio hardware/drivers isn't multi-SSID capable ?

Yep same here does not work. I tried a few different ways with no luck

OpenWRT McWRT contributors and developers are going be having a meeting to discuss these ideas and more. If you would like to participate register below. Keep in mind this meeting is only for those that would like to be or are McWRT Repo contributors and developers.

https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/issues/43

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 10 Oct 2014, 03:21)

dpdurst wrote:

Yep same here does not work. I tried a few different ways with no luck

I may try wifidog.

BTY, I got it working today (some what) I'll work on it latter

(Last edited by gufus on 10 Oct 2014, 00:02)

Hi, I am experiencing issues with firmware 1.0.1 and wifi.

- From a Macbook air mid 2011 (wifi ac) I have very bad performances after reconnecting
- From a TP-Link WR703N and gargoyle (openwrt firmware) network is lost.

Since two days I reboot the router with a cron task but I still have the issue.

- From the macbook things goes better when I connect to the 2.4GHz network
- Don't have workaround for TP-link excepted rebooting router.

Does anyone is experiencing the same issues ?

Regards,

(Last edited by bdherouville on 9 Oct 2014, 21:46)

Chadster766 wrote:

OpenWRT McWRT contributors and developers are going be having a meeting to discuss these ideas and more. If you would like to participate register below. Keep in mind this meeting is only for those that would like to be or are McWRT Repo contributors and developers.

https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/issues/43

Disregard my comments about the OpenWRT AA IPv6 issues. I figured out that the LuCI + OpenWRT IPv6 process works but has basically dropped the ability to customize the DUID out of the box. If you need to specify a DUID for your ISP then use wide-dhcpv6 client. I tested it and it works.

I still have one IPv6 issue to figure out and that's the default IPv6 route not being added. I think I saw a solution to that issue somewhere in this post.

I've noticed one weird behavior. When I try to do a PAT (from outside to inside), the router makes me source NAT also. In my case I have an internal server to finish a SSH tunnel (bitvise server). With this behavior every connection that's arrived to the server, arrive with the IP from the router and I have no way of knowing who (IP) is trying to connect to my server.
Has anyone experienced this? Anyone know how to remove the source NAT. I would like that the public IP from who make the request arrive to my server, not de private IP from the router.

Livaditisd :     didn't work for me also notice that my sons we're still on xbox

ShawnG1972 wrote:

EDIT:  My kids had me fooled...the post below does not work. I will try again on the weekend when I have more time.
---------
LIVADITISD:  I used the GUI.  I clicked on the Network tab, Firewall, Custom Rules, and I used the following:
The prereqs mentioned before were already installed too...

Since I am new at this, I am not sure if you can batch this into 1 file with the src macs...I will keep looking.
Note: I removed the actual MAC addresses and replaced with XX.
I copy pasted the actual MAC addresses from the main screen(Status) under DHCP leases.

config rule
        option target              REJECT

config rule
        option target             REJECT

You cannot copy those blocks to custom rules as custom rules are meant for raw iptables commands. Paste those blocks into /etc/config/firewall using ssh

could you possibly help us step by step to do this

jow wrote:

You cannot copy those blocks to custom rules as custom rules are meant for raw iptables commands. Paste those blocks into /etc/config/firewall using ssh

LIVADITISD wrote:

could you possibly help us step by step to do this

jow wrote:

I recommend upgrading to OpenWRT McWRT v1.0.5 because it includes many core package updates that are used for this.