OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

root@bsaedgy:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/2p, 5000M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/2p, 480M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=orion-ehci/1p, 480M
Villeneuve wrote:
root@bsaedgy:~# lsusb -t

Perfect, thanks. Though this makes you question the different handling when in fact it's the same as on Shelby.

sera wrote:

Could a kind Mamba user post the output of "lsusb -t" so I can configure the new usbport led trigger in 4.9 correctly. You may have to install usbutils first.

Thanks =]

[root@WRT1900] ~ # lsusb -t

@sera

Model: Linksys WRT1900ACv1
LEDE version: LEDE Reboot r2392 / LuCI Master (git-16.336.70424-1fd43b4)
Kernel: 4.4.35

I've had minimal time to work on the wiki in the past couple of months and am hoping to do a substantial addition before the 1st of the year to get everything on the Master ToDo List added (there's a handful of things missing from the list, such as adding a header photo for the 385 SoCs delineating the pin outs of the now horizontal header).

When I was updating the wiki with thread links for Nov & Dec, I noticed the Switch Layout VLAN section and something I was never 100% on.  What is the VLAN ID for the XP and 385 SoCs?  Does it simply mirror eth0/eth1 (i.e. eth0 = VLAN ID 0, eth1 = VLAN ID 1)?  Is the ID # the same across the XP and 385 SoCs?   

• I know when I had asked about this before I don't believe anyone knew, and if this is still the case, where would be a good place I should start researching for an answer?

On a separate note, has anyone heard from/been in contact with @mrfrezee?  I think their last post was in June [forum wide], and currently their repository, including all build links, is down.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 3 Dec 2016, 07:30)

@JW0914

To enable vlans and the vlan ids are a distribution choices, see target/linux/mvebu/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network

---

Thanks for the many responses to my query, Linux 4.9 final should get released in a couple hours, time to get things ready ...

@JW0914

Good point on @mrfrezee. I will send him an e-mail this week.

nitroshift

Folks, what i the best place to put logs from services? (not to wear NAND)

Down the wire to a rsyslog daemon, failing that hang a thumb drive on a usb port.

gsustek wrote:

Folks, what i the best place to put logs from services? (not to wear NAND)

The NAND is SLC. It's the longest living out there.

I log to USB, but it is for more capacity than anything else.

Compiling r2437-854459a

ddns-scripts is failing due to dependencies.

@davidc502 Did LEDE release their first image and named it HYDRA? Or is this a name you gave to your build?

Just compiled off of r2437 (4.4.36 Kernel), so far so good on WRT1900ACSv1

Tickled at cake SQM....it really works.....well.....

(Last edited by cybrnook2002 on 5 Dec 2016, 06:47)

Hey!

I hope you can help me chose the right firmware for my new WRT1900ACS. I'm not sure if i should take the new Lede-snapshot or the last build from kaloz or maybe another one.

For me it's currently confusing - Is OpenWrt dead? Will there be any new releases? Should i use community builds (in this case kaloz) or move to lede?

@Cerbis

OpenWRT is *NOT* dead, as much as other people would love to. Regarding the firmware image, it really comes down to you.

nitroshift

I am facing a strange issue with Openwrt. I installed the latest version and everything works flawless until i make both 2.4 and 5ghz wireless on the same SSID name. Once I make this change, the password authentication stops taking the configured wpa2 password,the only way i get back is logging via ethernet and disabling the 5ghz.

Is this a know issue ? Please confirm. The factory firmware was working fine and so does my ddwrt  (Different router).I prefer to have the same SSID so that clients can join the available one. Also the passwords are same on both SSID.

@lifehacksback
i have this adapter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-eSATAp-Power-over-eSATA-Male-Combo-to-USB-2-0-Female-eSATA-Female-Adapter-/321943883059?hash=item4af559cd33:g:YV8AAOSwwE5WYnO6

to leverage both USB2.0(needed for my camera) and sata HDD. HDD have separate power supply.

I have strange behavior, router just freeze during startup if booth devices are connected in the same time...
Does anyone try/ use this adapter?

Another question. I want to replace ps command from busybox with full ps command, where can i find this full ps command in menuconfig?

gsustek wrote:

Another question. I want to replace ps command from busybox with full ps command, where can i find this full ps command in menuconfig?

First you have to enable procps-ng under Utilites in make menuconfig then within that submenu select

procps-ng-ps

(Last edited by kirkgbr on 5 Dec 2016, 14:33)

lifehacksback wrote:

@davidc502 Did LEDE release their first image and named it HYDRA? Or is this a name you gave to your build?

It's a nickname option in menuconfig, and I thought I'd try it out.

davidc502 wrote:

Are you a marvel (comic, not driver) "HYDRA" fan? smile

anoher question, the  r2221 from your builds are the files now to download on your site?

(Last edited by moccolo on 5 Dec 2016, 15:30)

moccolo wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Are you a marvel (comic, not driver) "HYDRA" fan? smile

anoher question, the  r2221 from your builds are the files now to download on your site?

lol -- Actually no smile   I googled 'nicknames' and picked from a list of really cool sounding ones smile  Very scientific and precise. lol

"anoher question, the  r2221 from your builds are the files now to download on your site?"

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question.  r2221 is the primary download, as r2317 and r2321 have been archived due to wifi issues.  Full package repo is available for all of them.

Currently testing Kernel 4.4.36 with the latest wifi drivers, and it appears the issues we saw with kernel 4.4.35 have been cleared up with .36. However, DDNS is not working, so I'm very hesitant to post it as a primary download with this issue, as a lot of people use DDNS (Like myself).  If I didn't answer your question directly, let me know and I'll try again.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 5 Dec 2016, 16:30)

yeah it's what i tought.

i saw the other two versions archived but at the actual download (when you enter a folder, mamba, caiman) the files are not named in a way that i know what revision i'm downloading.

again davidc502, thanks for your hard work...

Been running 15.05.1 for a while now without issues - until Pixel XL came along. When the router is set to 802.11AC only on 5 GHz channel, upload speeds from Pixel drops to a crawl. I tried switching bandwidth (20/40/80 MHz), that didn't help. 5 GHz legacy or N-only (20/40 MHz) works fine though. Anyone else facing this issue?

Just reverted back from OpenWRT to Linksys1.10.xx firmware, and didn't see the issue there.

@MakNetRover, Maybe try the @Kaloz CC build with updated mwlwifi to see if issue with Pixel.

@sera, Was not sure what the issue was with rango that caused the previous nic reversal patch to to backed out. I'm assuming the 02_network switch setup. But if the switches are the same across the family, why the difference? Have done a build changed up with this PR, but a feed package causing some grief right now so not actually running to test.

Sorry, posts 13826 to 13825 are missing from our archive.