OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

can you help me
router linksys wrt1900ac1
I use different firmware
do not work 40mhz in 2.4Ghz, what i am do wrong?

[config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option path 'platform/soc/soc:pcie-controller/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0'
        option nonscan '1'
        option compression '1'
        option ff '1'
        option burstring '1'
        option wmm '1'
        option country 'US'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option txpower '20'
        option turbo '1'
        option channel '1'
        option htmode 'HT40'
        option ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40 TX-STBC RX-STBC1 DSSS_CCK-40'

phy#0
        Interface wlan0
                ifindex 22
                wdev 0x8
                addr b4:75:0e:5f:29:5b
                ssid Linksys2
                type AP
                channel 1 (2412 MHz), width: 20 MHz, center1: 2412 MHz
                txpower 20.00 dBm]

(Last edited by maksim2sergeevich on 11 Jun 2017, 20:34)

tapper wrote:

Hi mate try LEDE the 17.1.2 build is being put out today. It has the new wifi driver.

Yes indeed, I have tried last stable Lede 17.01.1 and ping gets back to normal

It looks like CC 15.05.1 had outdated driver

@maksim2sergeevich

HT40 does not work on channel 1.

nitroshift

@maksim2sergeevich Please utilize [ code ] brackets around code and log output (the formatting button on the bar looks like <>)

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 Jun 2017, 14:49)

Any news on the 1900acv1 being able to work correctly with 4.9? or is 4.4 still the only stable kernel?

lifehacksback wrote:

Any news on the 1900acv1 being able to work correctly with 4.9? or is 4.4 still the only stable kernel?

lifehacksback,

until someone owning one of those units bisects the kernel there is little hope of this getting fixed. Nothing jumps out as the obvious reason just from glancing at the code / commit log. Bisecting can reasonably easy be done with swrt or McDebian for instance.

PS: There is an Ubuntu as well by now https://github.com/cilix-lab/ubuntu-wrt

PPS: As for lede, looks like no one even bothered to file a bug report in flyspray. Is there even a maintainer for this devices?

davidc502 wrote:

this is the lede thread about the reboots.

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/wrt190 … -9/2025/20

Seems someone opened it in flyspray a while back, but can't seem to find it now?

It seems the reboot bug https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php … ask_id=585 was closed as it was deemed a duplicate of https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php … ask_id=564.

Looking at the bugs, I don't think this was right.
There doesn't seem to be any more open bugs for the Mamba reboot issues.

davidc502,

a forum thread isn't a bug report. Usually developers don't care.

---

adri,

well the one closed basically just says read the forum thread. Everything relevant for the bug needs to be in the report. Links to forum threads usually get ignored. Also mixing multiple issues doesn't help either (in the tread).

Suggest someone writes a proper report instead. So far nothing productive was done.

On a different note: some work has been done on mvneta buffer manager complementary module: Parser and Classifier. Unfortunately no ETA since all work is directed into mainlining the 64-bit driver.

nitroshift

swrt-2017-06-13
---------------

This time it's just mwlwifi which now already includes the patches for 4.12 and
the provisional 4.13 besides the usual bumps.

Also backported the pwm-fan properties for armada-385 for modders.

The gpio-keys fixup isn't the on for Mamba, if it weren't already broken there,
it would have been broken now as did the others.

* linux-4.12: bump to 4.12-rc5
* linux-next: bump to next-20170613

* mwlwifi: bump to latest commit, drop patches

* kernel 4.12, 4.11: backport pwm properties for armada-385
* kernel next: drop revert, fixed mwlwifi instead. Add new bugfix for gpio-keys.

swrt-2017-06-13.tar.xz: https://gpldr.in/v/y6GHunaJaJ/BcruDPDuQ8QJolen
sha256sum: 8b2d60af53a598de5261d4c8db50f355c0a11929f1e4d5593626cc831bced237

nitroshift,

Are you using PnC, PMT, HwF and friends with a recent kernel? Though cpu_idle is my most wanted feature for now.

LEDE @ 4.9 is stable for me.  This was not the case early on when they first switched to 4.9

Model Linksys WRT1900AC
Firmware Version LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r4310-e097eb2 / LuCI Master (git-17.152.82962-a9e8376)
Kernel Version 4.9.30
Local Time Tue Jun 13 22:21:24 2017
Uptime10d 0h 17m 27s

@sera

FYI with swrt @ 4.11 my other mamba reboots hourly when under load

Cheers

@sera

Not yet. Only PnC is in the works at the moment but the code is still (very) ugly. If you want more info, you can find me later in #openwrt on freenode.

nitroshift

Can someone please explain me about reboot issue on WRT1900AC v1?

My router is 2.5 years old and now out of warranty. It has an issue that it is rebooting under high wireless load on stock firmware.

Recently I installed latest stable LEDE 17.01.2 with kernel 4.4.71 and after 20 min of high load it rebooted again.

Is it hardware failure so that it no sense to try different f/w anymore?

Update: I have just flashed latest davidc build
Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4323-1898f73 / LuCI Master (git-17.152.82962-a9e8376)
with 4.9.30
Ping is good, speed is good, but main issue now is those reboots, I will load it and get results soon

(Last edited by hyppo on 14 Jun 2017, 08:07)

Hi what webinterface is on Ubuntu Xenial 16.04.2 for Linksys WRT3200ACM router?

sera wrote:
lifehacksback wrote:

lifehacksback,

until someone owning one of those units bisects the kernel there is little hope of this getting fixed. Nothing jumps out as the obvious reason just from glancing at the code / commit log. Bisecting can reasonably easy be done with swrt or McDebian for instance.

PS: There is an Ubuntu as well by now https://github.com/cilix-lab/ubuntu-wrt

PPS: As for lede, looks like no one even bothered to file a bug report in flyspray. Is there even a maintainer for this devices?

hyppo wrote:

with 4.9.30
Ping is good, speed is good, but main issue now is those reboots, I will load it and get results soon

I'm in a similar boat, but haven't updated to LEDE yet.  Please mention how your results go, my main worry is stability as well.

IvanRaide wrote:
hyppo wrote:

with 4.9.30

I'm in a similar boat, but haven't updated to LEDE yet.  Please mention how your results go, my main worry is stability as well.

IIRC this was troubleshooted and either fixed, or patched with a workaround, 2 years or so ago in this thread.  I don't recall when exactly, and since the forum doesn't have thread search support, I'd recommend utilizing Google's advanced search operator functions (not the same as clicking "advanced search")Here is an additional page covering operators.

• You'll need to use the site: and daterange: (Julian converter) operators, among others

(Last edited by JW0914 on 14 Jun 2017, 16:20)

JW0914 wrote:

IIRC this was troubleshooted and either fixed, or patched with a workaround, 2 years or so ago i

I know it was supposed to be fixed, but so many people reported bad stability (like hours as opposed to days), I never did the upgrades, since I get about 20-30 days now on CC, which is why I am wondering about stability in general, (not just the wifi issue).

Can anyone say if they get stability beyond 1 month on builds for mamba after CC?  I would love to get something like 6months to a year.

OpenWrt DD and CC are both stable in the sense each generally runs without critical failures, but there are bugs still needing to be worked out.  The two 1900ACs I manage have a cron job that runs @5am rebooting them, as I found this the easiest way to manage non-critical issues with no clear indication of causality.

• As to the WiFi bug, it has always been environment related, affecting some users, but not others.  For example, I've never had the WiFi issues others experienced on my two 1900AC v1s

# Add to: /etc/crontabs/root

# Minute:   59    Hour:     4     Sleep:    70s
#--------------------------------------------------
59 4 * * * sleep 70 && touch /etc/banner && reboot

As to not doing upgrades, please ensure you're at least updating packages when new versions are released for bug and exploit patches (Samba for example).

• This may or may not require upgrading to the most recent version of the firmware depending on whether the kernel version was updated or not.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 14 Jun 2017, 17:39)

JW0914 wrote:

As to not doing upgrades, please ensure you're at least updating packages when new versions are released for bug and exploit patches (Samba for example).

I havent, (although i dont run samba shares), but have been thinking it might be a good time to update since I am having stablity issues now/lately ... I recall Sera mentioning LEDE does not allow firmware changing (back to OEM or back to OpenWRT) -- (I do have the USB cable) but wondering if Sera is still correct about this?  It seemed "surprising" that LEDE doesn't allow for a firmware version change??  Given LEDE and OpenWRT are merging, is the merge going to have firmware changing back in it?   
I was really hoping someone could say "this version xxxx" has been running for me for months and seems really stable, and I think I would jump to it because CC is really getting old now.  But I don't recall anyone saying anything like that, except about CC being stable.

(Last edited by IvanRaide on 14 Jun 2017, 18:03)

IvanRaide wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

I havent, (although i dont run samba shares), but have been thinking it might be a good time to update since I am having stablity issues now/lately ... I recall Sera mentioning LEDE does not allow firmware changing (back to OEM or back to OpenWRT) -- (I do have the USB cable) but wondering if Sera is still correct about this?  It seemed "surprising" that LEDE doesn't allow for a firmware version change??  Given LEDE and OpenWRT are merging, is the merge going to have firmware changing back in it?   
I was really hoping someone could say "this version xxxx" has been running for me for months and seems really stable, and I think I would jump to it because CC is really getting old now.  But I don't recall anyone saying anything like that, except about CC being stable.

Hi on LEDE you can flash LEDE fermwairs but if you would like to go back to ddwrt or openwrt then you would have to flash using the cli. It does not lock you out from changeing all together. It's just to stop people from flashing the rong fermwair, all though it can be a pane in the ass if you are a tinkerer like me!

IvanRaide,

LEDE doesn't allow flashing back via GUI, you can obviously via CLI or any of the debricking methods.

Also kernels past 4.4 have 3 bugs on Mamba which I know of, the reboot one a complete show stopper.

---

tapper,

webmin is the only one I know which is for any Linux distro. Don't use it myself.

---

doITright,

you also had a build with 4.11 that worked for quite long, sounds like a race somewhere which depending on the resulting blob is easier or harder to trigger.

---

nitroshift,

was just wondering, I remember you having said something about running those features in the past.

First results of WRT1900AC v1 on Davidc502's
Kernel 4.9.30
are quite promising

At least I was able to load torrents over wireless at full speed in 1 hour and it wasn't any issue
Yesterday in the same conditions on official LEDE 17.01.2 I catched reboot after 30 min

Also there is some interesting drops in traffic monitoring each 1 min 40 sec

http://s009.radikal.ru/i307/1706/b8/babe71c9cf27.jpg

(Last edited by hyppo on 14 Jun 2017, 20:42)

@sera

That was on kernel 3.18.

nitroshift

Sorry, posts 14576 to 14575 are missing from our archive.