OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

gufus wrote:

@kaloz

No openvpn in trunk r43860

I got luci-app-openvpn_git-15.005.65059-9edd0e4-1_mvebu.ipk installed but, It's not in the OS

Using username "root".
Authenticating with public key "rsa-key-20120810"

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-01-07 06:54:14 UTC) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r43860)
Security is enabled, and your IP address has been logged.

root@AC1900:~# openvpn
-ash: openvpn: not found
root@AC1900:~#

luci-app-openvpn is luic's openvpn support only, not openvpn itself

jklap wrote:
DavidMcWRT wrote:

I have some bad blocks on my router as seen in the kernel log:

[    1.004901] Bad block table found at page 65472, version 0x01
[    1.010940] Bad block table found at page 65408, version 0x01

Given that the unit's only a few months old, should this be expected (so soon)?

Having bad blocks in flash out of the gate is not unusual. I have 2 that have been there since the unboxing.

NAND almost all the time comes with bad blocks by design

Everyone having _wirless_ issues (eg. not configuration issues or LuCI related ones, but random disconnects with certain devices) create tickets at https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi including all information (client hardware, symptoms). I get those to Marvell.

@Kaloz

I have opened a ticket as my WD TV Live HD media player refuses to play nice with any CC build on wifi. It works flawlessly with the old AA firmware images (McWRT ones), yet with ANY CC build it hangs when opening any media file while connected wirelessly. Tried all combinations of wireless encryptions, no joy. When hard-wired it works perfectly.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 8 Jan 2015, 14:09)

Kaloz wrote:

Everyone having _wirless_ issues (eg. not configuration issues or LuCI related ones, but random disconnects with certain devices) create tickets at https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi including all information (client hardware, symptoms). I get those to Marvell.

Just opened a ticket with you, details, screenshots and a ton of information I have collected on this happening at the house here.

From what I gather, the wifi issues *could* be due to wpad / hostapd packages that are responsible for encryption. I'm gonna have another go when I get home with no encryption on wifi and update the opened issue.

nitroshift

mmilburn wrote:

There is the possibility (if it's not too gnarly) of backporting some of the 3.18 mvneta changes to 3.14 to fix the terrible bandwidth on wired interfaces issue.

That would be fantastic if they could be backported.

Hello guys, thanks for the amazing work you're doing with these images.

I do have a couple of questions; hope they are not silly nor already asked.

Is there a way to use openvswitch as switch instead of the default one ?

Is there any build with openvswitch already or do I need to install it manually? If I have to install it manually can you give me some reference ?

Thanks

DavidMcWRT wrote:
mmilburn wrote:

There is the possibility (if it's not too gnarly) of backporting some of the 3.18 mvneta changes to 3.14 to fix the terrible bandwidth on wired interfaces issue.

That would be fantastic if they could be backported.

3.14 received some patches through -stable (3.14.27 as of now) so someone who could reproduce the issues should check the latest official snapshot (yes, you have to manually install luci if needed).

@nitroshift as well as others:

As much as possible, please supply technical data in the mwlwifi tickets as well. Even if you don't know the chipset, please be exact like "iPad X" "Whatever device with firmware v1.2.3" and so on. If you can tell the wireless chipset in the problematic device, it's even better. Thanks!

@Kaloz

Using your CC r43853 with great success. I just got Firewall Builder 5.1 to load and run my firewall script. Only IP needed to be installed and I'm not even sure about that. This is my most important application so a big thanks for your effort!

has anyone had any issues with the Kaloz 3.18.1 build and time based firewall rules? 

When I try the following configs, it blocks full time and seems to ignore the options extra.  Thoughts?

config rule
    option src 'lan'
    option dest 'wan'
    option name 'Joes computer - weekday'
    option src_mac 'E0:46:9A:A2:99:27'
    option target 'REJECT'
    option extra '-m time --weekdays Mon,Tue,Thu,Sun --timestart 21:00 --timestop 07:00'

config rule
    option src 'lan'
    option dest 'wan'
    option name 'Joes computer weekend'
    option src_mac 'E0:46:9A:A2:99:27'
    option target 'REJECT'
    option extra '-m time --weekdays Wed,Fri,Sat --timestart 22:00 --timestop 07:00'

On the WIKI page with the 3 links on it for prebuilds, does Kaloz link to a build that incorporates Luci?

mojolacerator wrote:

On the WIKI page with the 3 links on it for prebuilds, does Kaloz link to a build that incorporates Luci?

The version I used from 2 days ago includes Luci

Tried watching a movie on unencrypted WiFi, issue still present. Signal meter is full but traffic is immensely slow. So the problem doesn't lay with hostapd / wpad packages, but with the WiFi driver itself. Maybe the "1Mb" LuCI indicator isn't lying after all...

nitroshift

I have watched these posts since early summer when I bought my 1900.

I have noticed that there have been complaints up to today about connection drop out both from the Internet & internally on wireless.  At the same time others are posting NO connection issues.

In a previous manufacturing life as a Director of Manufacturing for medical equipment; a problem was created in our equipment with a specific batch of IC's.

Is it possible that a specific batch of Marvell chips has a hardware or an embedded software issue.  Many companies such as Intel, AMD make the "same" IC in various plants OR contractors plants; and the resultant device MAY NOT respond as advertised.

Would it make sense to determine the build of the IC's in the 1900?  If so is there a way to read that information with a software tool & would that information be useful in table form; an excel spread sheet?

I am not proficient in unix/linux to help but could accumulate data posted by 1900 owners and post it back; say once a week.

Rick

I'm not having disconnect issues, but my speeds over 5ghz seem to be all over the place.  I can be in the same room or across the house and I see the same fluctuations occurring.

I plan on writing up a ticket soon with all the details.  Hopefully linksys actually puts in some effort on updating drivers.

Kaloz wrote:
gufus wrote:

@kaloz

No openvpn in trunk r43860

I got luci-app-openvpn_git-15.005.65059-9edd0e4-1_mvebu.ipk installed but, It's not in the OS

Using username "root".
Authenticating with public key "rsa-key-20120810"

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-01-07 06:54:14 UTC) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r43860)
Security is enabled, and your IP address has been logged.

root@AC1900:~# openvpn
-ash: openvpn: not found
root@AC1900:~#

luci-app-openvpn is luic's openvpn support only, not openvpn itself

Will CC have openvpn some day? Unless I don't see it in avil *.pki .. riight now

(Last edited by gufus on 8 Jan 2015, 23:09)

RickStep wrote:

I have watched these posts since early summer when I bought my 1900.

I have noticed that there have been complaints up to today about connection drop out both from the Internet & internally on wireless.  At the same time others are posting NO connection issues.

In a previous manufacturing life as a Director of Manufacturing for medical equipment; a problem was created in our equipment with a specific batch of IC's.

Is it possible that a specific batch of Marvell chips has a hardware or an embedded software issue.  Many companies such as Intel, AMD make the "same" IC in various plants OR contractors plants; and the resultant device MAY NOT respond as advertised.

Would it make sense to determine the build of the IC's in the 1900?  If so is there a way to read that information with a software tool & would that information be useful in table form; an excel spread sheet?

I am not proficient in unix/linux to help but could accumulate data posted by 1900 owners and post it back; say once a week.

Rick

I'm suspecting it's the chipset on the clients themselves not working well with the new Marvel driver. If you look at the 6 reports on Kaloz's git page (one of them mine) you'll see a common pattern: apple products with broadcom chipsets.

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues

Back up.. my build... try it... no wifi issues

Good solid test on speedtest.net

ftp://76.72.43.9/

Only file avail able

(Last edited by rip057 on 9 Jan 2015, 02:02)

Let me start here; the software behind this board either does NOT like long posts OR is WAY to impatient waiting for a reply. 2 or 3 hours would be a reasonable time to construct a coherent message.

My posts are NOT usually short; mostly coherent and if this board would like help on what I think is a hardware problem; would the moderators FIX the issue that when I walk away from the computer; for supper or a phone call etc. THAT a well thought response isn't summarily erased.

Enough of this crap.  This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened.

Do I have to write a response in notebook or Office AND paste it to MAKE sure this board works properly!!!!!!!!

Rick.

tusc wrote:

I'm suspecting it's the chipset on the clients themselves not working well with the new Marvel driver. If you look at the 6 reports on Kaloz's git page (one of them mine) you'll see a common pattern: apple products with broadcom chipsets.

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues

You maybe right but remember when other chip vendosr has no problem with wide selection of client devices, it's still a Marvell problem. I think this is to be expected since this is initial release. Issues can be ironed out as long as it's not hardware related and I believe it shouldn't be hardware related.

Several years ago I had the same problem with DSL Reports. After a NASTY post the problem went away.

IN 2014/2015 IF I stay online for hours; WHY does the board care, there should not be a bandwidth hit to the board.

Security aside (which is the BOARDS responsibility) who cares IF logon for 4 hours.  Enough of this CRAP.

I should be able to login to this board 24/7 without being disconnected; the same as I do with my email.

Rick

RickStep wrote:

Several years ago I had the same problem with DSL Reports. After a NASTY post the problem went away.

IN 2014/2015 IF I stay online for hours; WHY does the board care, there should not be a bandwidth hit to the board.

Security aside (which is the BOARDS responsibility) who cares IF logon for 4 hours.  Enough of this CRAP.

I should be able to login to this board 24/7 without being disconnected; the same as I do with my email.

Rick

Must be your connection,  I'm logged in indefinitely,  until I hit the logout button.

Sorry, posts 2201 to 2200 are missing from our archive.