OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Anyone else's wireless performance nosedive with BB?

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

2 buffalo routers for me (WZR-600DHP and WZR-HP-G450H).  Equivalent settings from my AA builds (no encryption (I'm semi-rural), MAC filtering, similar power settings, etc), and my range is probably halved. inSSIDer 3 confirms with lower signal numbers.

Anyone else seeing similar?

Yep same issue here with G450H. Switched to BB lately. I have two wall-mounted antennas connected to two raspberry which had full signal before but now almost don't get any signal.

Any solution or explanation to this topic? Anything I can do to test something?

Getting a lot of TX DMA errors with recent releaase.

Same problem with latest release OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 / LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10530). Wifi is not usable on my Buffalo router. Anything I can help to solve this?

ugh - that's disapointing.  My WZR-600DHP (which isn't nearly as impacted) got a couple of ticks better with the final ver, but I was hoping the 450 would be fixed.

Stay with AA on this model for now - the difference is striking.

I use a WDR4300 and  went back from BB to AA because of streaming problems. Is this a common problem or specifc to Buffalo?

Just to keep this alive, CC has the same issue, or did a week or 2 ago when i tried it.

Did you guys enable regulatory override?
I will do the benchmark and post it here when I have the time.

How do I do this? I mean this "regulatory override" thing?

I'm having same problem on my G450H since BB. Wifi signal strength is bad, a lot of wifi drop.
Today it started generating warning I've never seen before.

[110901.420000] device wlan0-1 left promiscuous mode
[110901.420000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0-1) entered disabled state
[110901.420000] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[110901.420000] WARNING: at /BB/build/ar71xx/generic/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc- ieee80211_get_key_rx_seq+0x1b8/0x640 [mac80211]()
[110901.440000] wlan0-1:  Failed check-sdata-in-driver check, flags: 0x0
[110901.450000] Modules linked in: ath9k ath9k_common pppoe ppp_async iptable_nat ath9k_hw ath pppox ppp_generic nf_nat_ipv4 nf_conntrack_ipv4 mac80211 ipt_MASQUERADE cfg80211 xt_time xt_tcpudp xt_state xt_nat xt_multiport xt_mark xt_mac xt_limit xt_id xt_conntrack xt_comment xt_TCPMSS xt_REDIRECT xt_LOG xt_CT slhc nf_nat_irc nf_nat_ftp nf_nat nf_defrag_ipv4 nf_conntrack_irc nf_conntrack_ftp iptable_raw iptable_mangle iptable_filter ipt_REJECT ip_tables crc_ccitt compat ledtrig_usbdev ip6t_REJECT ip6table_raw ip6table_mangle ip6table_filter ip6_tables x_tables nf_conntrack_ipv6 nf_conntrack nf_defrag_ipv6 ipv6 arc4 crypto_blkcipher ehci_platform ehci_hcd gpio_button_hotplug usbcore nls_base usb_common
[110901.510000] CPU: 0 PID: 27064 Comm: hostapd Tainted: G        W    3.10.49 #3
[110901.520000] Stack : 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 803bce76 00000041 82981698 8339a854
[110901.520000]       802f5b44 8033f9a3 000069b8 803b3a00 82981698 8339a854 00000000 00000024
[110901.520000]       00000008 80290d44 00000003 801f393c 8324b888 8339a854 802f71d4 831c79cc
[110901.520000]       00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
[110901.520000]       00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 831c7958
[110901.520000]       ...
[110901.560000] Call Trace:
[110901.560000] [<80235a38>] show_stack+0x48/0x70
[110901.560000] [<802a06ec>] warn_slowpath_common+0x78/0xa8
[110901.570000] [<802a0748>] warn_slowpath_fmt+0x2c/0x38
[110901.570000] [<8322486c>] ieee80211_get_key_rx_seq+0x1b8/0x640 [mac80211]
[110901.580000] ---[ end trace b5ff91ca583be4aa ]---
[110901.590000] wlan0-1: failed to remove key (1, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff) from hardware (-5)

Any update please or a hint how to do the regulatory override. I found nothing in wiki or this forum about it

The discussion might have continued from here.