can someone help me with reverting the stock firmware back on the TM02? I have all the files from the USB drive. Thanks
I've tried to write the instructions here twice and the forum keeps logging me before I finish and I loose all my work so I'll compose offline and then cut and past. In the meantime I'll leave you with some pointers though....
1. Connect to the serial console
2. Setup a TFTP server (lots of instructions around on how to do that)
3. Using uboot and your TFTP server, reprogram the "u-boot" partition with "Bootloader.bin"
4. Reboot into the original factory uboot and using that program the "ALL" partition with "ALL.bin".
5. Reboot - you are done
BTW, it can also be done from the ash command line but it's a bit more complicated. In short you'd need to do this:
1. Shutdown the squashFS and run out of a ramdisk
2. Using mtd write "Bootloader.bin" to the u-boot MTD partition
3. Concantenate Kernel_RootFS.bin + params.bin + user_backup.bin + user.bin + Rootfs.bin into one file using cat
4. Useing mtd write that file to the firmware MTD partition
Ideally, someone could write a short script to do the above but my time is tight and I don't have time to write it or test it at the moment. I strongly recommend that if one just wants to experiment with OpenWRT that they use a platform that can easily be switched back and forth like RPi or beagle black (I prefer the latter).
Hope this helps
(Last edited by wingspinner on 1 Nov 2014, 00:58)