OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to set more advanced wireless settings

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello, I have TP-WDR3600 with the newest Barrier Breaker. I have looked all over the place (terminal, Luci) for settings like Interference Mitigation, BT Co-existence, 802.11n Preamble, etc. and I couldn't find it.

Do you know how?

Been looking there. After a second look I found preamble there, but not the two others. And also other settings i miss.

You can edit /etc/config/wireless.conf directly to insert settings that uci doesn't know about.

The settings flow like this:
LuCI --> UCI --> config files
The kernel driver then reads the conf file to configure the hardware and driver.

(Last edited by mk24 on 3 Dec 2014, 16:24)

I kinda figured something like that, but what must I name the parameters in the config file? Is there some command I could execute to see all the available flags/options for my wifi?

After searching around I am almost there...

Interference Mitigation/ANI:
"Interference Mitigation" is called something else on Atheros chips, they are called "Ambience Noise Immunity" or ANI.

You can turn this on/off with:

echo 0 >/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/ani

The question is then, how do I make the router set this option on startup? Can I set this in Luci or do I just paste the line into the rc.local?

BT Co-existence
As simple as setting a parameter to the module when it is loaded:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Dri … oexistence

The question is how do I do this in OpenWRT?

Maybe simply putting that in rc.local?

nebbia88 wrote:

Maybe simply putting that in rc.local?

modprobing through rc.local?

You would edit the file in /etc/modules.d that loads ath9k to load it with the bluetooth option.  By default it loads with no options.

(Last edited by mk24 on 25 Dec 2014, 19:14)

simen wrote:

After searching around I am almost there...

Interference Mitigation/ANI:
"Interference Mitigation" is called something else on Atheros chips, they are called "Ambience Noise Immunity" or ANI.

You can turn this on/off with:

echo 0 >/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/ani

The question is then, how do I make the router set this option on startup? Can I set this in Luci or do I just paste the line into the rc.local?

[EDIT] Try this (put before the exit 0):

sed -i '/exit/i echo "0" \> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/ani' /etc/rc.local

What about: /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/btcoex

You need to build with: CONFIG_PACKAGE_ATH_DEBUG=Y, or not?

That is, ani exists on my CC build (no DEBUG), but btcoex does not.

(Last edited by zxdavb on 25 Dec 2014, 23:46)

Or you can just go to the text box at the bottom of LuCI's system--startup page and type the command in there.  That box is merely a copy of the /etc/rc.local file.

zxdavb wrote:

You need to build with: CONFIG_PACKAGE_ATH_DEBUG=Y, or not?

That is, ani exists on my CC build (no DEBUG), but btcoex does not.

First, hope you all had a good holiday. Second, same here (on BB). Doesn't look like I can turn btcoex on. Seems like both ANI and btcoex default are the values I use anyway, so no need to edit anything. But I kept the line in rc.local but commented for later referance.

I might build my own someday, but would also appreciate if later builds built with CONFIG_PACKAGE_ATH_DEBUG=Y smile But, as I said, I normally keep it off anyway, but would be nice to have the option.

(Last edited by simen on 7 Jan 2015, 09:41)

The discussion might have continued from here.