OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR841N(D) Extended Build [v3,v5,v7,v8,v9]

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 27 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hello guys, thanks for the awesome guide. I set up all but i have only a little problem. I have the ver 9.0 of my router. For the first 3-4 days openvpn was great, now it go max at 5 mbps, i tried to reinstall vpn on the two sides (router +vps) but nothing. So i checked vpn on my phone with my line and it goes well. Is it a cpu limitation?

Will we get a new version now that 15.05.1 is out? I love this build, but is there a way to get openssl 1.0.2g and openvpn 2.3.10 in it?

Thanks!

Wireless clients gets disconnected

Wed Mar 23 08:46:03 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:50:e6:80:0b:8f WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Wed Mar 23 08:51:31 2016 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:14:73:4d:6d:d5 IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response
Wed Mar 23 08:51:41 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:14:73:4d:6d:d5 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Wed Mar 23 08:51:41 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:14:73:4d:6d:d5 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 3)
Wed Mar 23 08:51:50 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:14:73:4d:6d:d5 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

(Last edited by dinjo on 23 Mar 2016, 04:23)

sciamano72 wrote:

I feel very stupid but I can't seem to find an answer...
I'm following a how-to to setup openvpn on openwrt but this happens:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# mv openvpn openvpn_old
mv: can't rename 'openvpn': Read-only file system

same thing when I try to edit any configuration file.
What's wrong? How can I set up the openvpn if I can't edit files and/or add keys, certs, and so on?
What am I missing?
Thanks

Try this:

$ mount -o remount,rw /

And than run

$ mount

You should see that / is now mounted rw, so you can write to it. It might be a good idea to remount it ro when you are done:

$  mount -o remount,ro /

Hello amq.

Can you make a new build for us, based on openwrt 15.05.1?

Thanks.

julianocs wrote:

Hello amq.

Thanks.

+1

Thanks Saverio, have you used the script in the first post? I tried to compile a new version using it and I got error messages. Could you tell me what openvpn version has your build?

Grazie!

Hi everyone!

I have problems whit signature verification.

Log: http://pastebin.com/9yiye0XE

The same config works fine on my desktop pc, openwrt drops me this.

Any idea to fix that?

savemosca wrote:
tagore wrote:
julianocs wrote:

Hello amq.

Thanks.

+1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqtxfdikdrkb … 0w3xa?dl=0

Thanks Severio.

I'm using your build and I've detected that it's based on DD rather than CC 15.05.1. Besides, performance is lower than the original build. Did you use the same script?

Thanks!

chuck_finley wrote:
savemosca wrote:
tagore wrote:

+1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqtxfdikdrkb … 0w3xa?dl=0

Thanks Severio.

I'm using your build and I've detected that it's based on DD rather than CC 15.05.1. Besides, performance is lower than the original build. Did you use the same script?

Thanks!

Yes, i've built it with same script but i've changed git in script with trunk version.
I try to rebuild with stable git.

savemosca wrote:

Yes, i've built it with same script but i've changed git in script with trunk version.
I try to rebuild with stable git.

Thanks savemosca!
By the way, I think it was my connection because today I was getting pretty much all day 10/10mb (with TCP through an enterprise proxy), so I think performance is on par with 15.05.
I've been running it for more than a day and it seems pretty stable. I haven't detected any freezes that required a reboot or anything but the corporate VPN I use on top of openvpn dropped more than usual (again, it could be the proxy or the VPN).

Thanks again.

Hello, I'm pretty new to all of this, and can't seem to figure out how to move from my current setup to this build.

Here is a screenshot of my current setup: [img]i.imgur.com/iZeXDVG.png[/img]

Can someone please make me a quick how-to, or at least say me which file of the dropbox link I have to use for the firmware upgrade.

Cheers, Artectrex

Hi
Did anyone suceeded in compile the recent trunk?
My attemp result in image size too big, but I cgot some errors during the luci optimization I think (compressor.jar)

I recently built a custom build for LEDE following the script provided in OP. The failure is due to the extraction of the compiler.jar zip, as it doesn't extract as "compiler.jar" but instead something else. You can just add a line to rename the file after extraction (or if someone knows how to unzip to a desired filename) then the rest of the script should still work. I also did my own configuration using menuconfig. I disabled some USB light thing that OP maybe overlooked, but I'm not familiar with the other models.

With this I got SQM Scripts plus cake, upnp, and applied reghack and still some bytes to spare for a v9 WR841N.

Also the latest LEDE seems to have wonky WiFi (or this is showing on my end compared to the stable CC build) but I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks Tagore...

Flashed yesterday and everything is working OK.

It´s possible make a build with OpenVPN and MiniUPnP?
If yes, can you build this image for us?

Regards.

Thanks a lot, Tagore.

Flashed now and everything is working!

The discussion might have continued from here.