OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Support for TP-Link Archer C2600

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

brimur wrote:

If you want AD wireless... http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/AD7200.html

mb300sd wrote:
james04 wrote:

OT: assuming this is not a production environment, I'm curious, what kind of data are the 4x4 ac devices transferring? 4k streams? Even that doesn't require that much traffic.
I'd understand a 10GbE uplink/switch links, but 10GbE APs? heh.

Mostly running virtual machines off my server's disk array from my laptop.

I can't wait for ad wireless...

That talon model is just the C2600 (IPQ8064) with the QCA9500 wireless module, in a weird case that doesn't allow antenna removal.

Would AD wireless make sense on a router that has 1GbE switch ports (as opposed to 10GbE)? I suppose yes if everything you use is wireless and in the same room (60Ghz signal propagation is poor).

I think they rushed that model, if they at least used the newer IPQ8065 SoC paired with 10GbE switch, in a simpler-designed case, that would make a true next-gen AD-class wireless router and might sell like hotcakes for lede/openwrt users who want to go all out. Extreme overkill though, how many need WAN NAT over 1Gbps?

brimur wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try. I see you are not using a C2600 in your setup, based on the first two octets of the MAC its a Netgear AP. Maybe that is the difference? You usecase of two 4x4 setups being limited by the ethernet port though is exactly why I wanted to try this also. 2 4x4 ASUS PCE-AC88s in my case

It is a C2600. Not sure where you pulled netgear from, http://www.my-ip.club/oui-info/A4-2B-B0

TeutonJon78 wrote:
oturpin wrote:
oturpin wrote:

Hello,
I would like to use openwrt on a TPlink archer C2600 with aircrack-ng package.
Does anyone have used it ?
What is the firmware version I should use ?
Thx a lot

Found this daily version : downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ipq806x/generic/openwrt-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-factory.bin
Is this usable on any TPLINK C2600 hardware ? V1.0 and V1.1 ?

Thx

I believe most people are using LEDE rather than openWRT on the 2600. I don't think openWRT works on the 1.1 routers due to not having a flash patch.

LEDE works on both revisions, but there is a reboot bug on the V1.1 hardware.

Thx Guys,

What is the version advised for 1.1 hardware ? Last daily version from common trunk ?
Looking at the packages, I did not find aircrack-ng on LEDE ? Does anyone has an aircrack package ported ?

Thx again !

Heinz wrote:

I tested some commands on uboot. Whel run command ledtest i can power on all leds (include WiFi leds)
When I press WiFi button then can wifi led power on/off, wps button turn on/off wps led, reset button turn on/off power led, led button turn on/off all leds.

I find in GPL tarball Archer_C2600_v1_GPL\openwrt\qca\src\u-boot\drivers\pci\pci-ipq.c

[...]int ipq_pcie_led_init(void)
{
    int i = 0;
    void* iobase = 0;
    pci_dev_t devno = -1;
    pcie_params_t    *cfg;

for (i = 0; i < PCI_MAX_DEVICES; i++) {
        cfg = &gboard_param->pcie_cfg[i];
        if (cfg->linkup) {
            pci_hose_scan(&pci_hose[i]);
        }
    }

for (i = 0; i < PCI_MAX_DEVICES; i ++) {
        devno = pci_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATHEROS, ATH_PCIE_BEELINER, i);
        if (devno != -1) {
            iobase = pci_map_bar(devno, PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_0, PCI_REGION_MEM);
            writel(readl(iobase + 0x85000) | (1<<ATH_BEELINER_LED), iobase + 0x85000);
            writel(readl(iobase + 0x85018) | (1<<ATH_BEELINER_LED), iobase + 0x85018);
        }
    }

return 0;
}

int ipq_pcie_led_out_one(int on, int id)
{
    void* iobase = 0;
    pci_dev_t devno = -1;

devno = pci_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATHEROS, ATH_PCIE_BEELINER, id);
    if (devno != -1) {
        if (on) {
            writel(readl(iobase + 0x85000) & (~(1<<ATH_BEELINER_LED)), iobase + 0x85000);
        } else {
        }
    }

return 0;
}

int ipq_pcie_led_out(int on)
{
    int i = 0;
    void* iobase = 0;
    pci_dev_t devno = -1;

for (i = 0; i < PCI_MAX_DEVICES; i ++) {
        devno = pci_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATHEROS, ATH_PCIE_BEELINER, i);
        if (devno != -1) {
            if (on) {
                writel(readl(iobase + 0x85000) & (~(1<<ATH_BEELINER_LED)), iobase + 0x85000);
            } else {
            }
        }
    }

return 0;
}[...]

This look like wifi leds is on address 0x85000 on each wireless PCI card.
Maybe is possible to add this address to ath10k driver?

Is there any news on this issue?

Sorry, I just noticed my first two octets started differently and when I googled yours it came back as Netgear http://macaddress.webwat.ch/hwaddr/A4:2B:8C

mb300sd wrote:
brimur wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try. I see you are not using a C2600 in your setup, based on the first two octets of the MAC its a Netgear AP. Maybe that is the difference? You usecase of two 4x4 setups being limited by the ethernet port though is exactly why I wanted to try this also. 2 4x4 ASUS PCE-AC88s in my case

It is a C2600. Not sure where you pulled netgear from, http://www.my-ip.club/oui-info/A4-2B-B0

I eventually rolled back to the TP Link factory image. I couldn't get the LACP bond between WAN and LAN working, traffic just refused to split. Even if I did I could not test it because with default settings (clean install) I was only seeing a max of 65MBps file transfer speeds on the 802.11AC radio. With the factory image on a clean install I get 105MBps on a file copy. 40MBps (320Mbps) is a big deal for me. No idea why there was such a big difference but thats the way it was. I might try LEDE again in 6 months and see if anything has changed. Thanks to those involved for all the hard work in pushing this along.

(Last edited by brimur on 16 Sep 2016, 15:22)

brimur wrote:

I eventually rolled back to the TP Link factory image. I couldn't get the LACP bond between WAN and LAN working, traffic just refused to split. Even if I did I could not test it because with default settings (clean install) I was only seeing a max of 65MBps file transfer speeds on the 802.11AC radio. With the factory image on a clean install I get 105MBps on a file copy. 40MBps (320Mbps) is a big deal for me. No idea why there was such a big difference but thats the way it was. I might try LEDE again in 6 months and see if anything has changed. Thanks to those involved for all the hard work in pushing this along.

I don't think performance will change much in 6 months, if at all.
stock will always be significantly faster due to hardware offloading engines being utilized.
If someones wants to keep using stock while enjoying the big library of packages available, perhaps use current feeds and see if they compile using the gpl tarball? That would require a little work.

Heinzek, bendavid, wanna try the reverse change of this commit but for ipq8064.dtsi? https://github.com/dissent1/r7800/commi … 689322d846
On ipq8064.dtsi now it's "interrupts = <0 16 0x4>;"
I have an assumption, that because of nor flash on c2600 this could be "interrupts = <0 32 0x4>;"

This could be interesting for v1.1 to test reset bug

(Last edited by dissent on 19 Sep 2016, 16:09)

@dissent I tested this and reboot still not work.

Another user on polish forum have C2600v1.1 with flash Spansion FL256SAIFR0 like in v1.0. its doesn have reboot issue.

http://tplink-forum.pl/opinie-uzytkowni … d-tp-link/

(Last edited by Heinz on 19 Sep 2016, 23:23)

Heinz wrote:

Another user on polish forum have C2600v1.1 with flash Spansion FL256SAIFR0 like in v1.0. its doesn have reboot issue.

But how do you know its a real 1.1 with only the flash chip being spansion? It might be a real 1.0 router with 1.1 sticker.

But if it is indeed a 1.1 device, which means the flash chip is the actual reason why the router won't reboot, then at least we know for sure the reason.

I think most likely the dts/device tree file needs adjustment.

james04 wrote:
Heinz wrote:

But how do you know its a real 1.1 with only the flash chip being spansion? It might be a real 1.0 router with 1.1 sticker.

But if it is indeed a 1.1 device, which means the flash chip is the actual reason why the router won't reboot, then at least we know for sure the reason.

I think most likely the dts/device tree file needs adjustment.

See, the weird part is that the ROM from TP-Link is the same for both versions and I would assume reset works for each one.

Just is case anyone was wondering, the package issue dissent1 and I was seeing was an opkg issue. They had turned on some new feature that exposed a lot of bad code paths and then reverted it. Hence why the packages worked if built in but crapped out on downloaded installs.

I keep fiddling around with ipq806x device tree. Could some one more experienced examine if there's any advantage or difference in declaring USB ports this way? https://github.com/dissent1/r7800/commi … 5bd484ac06

TeutonJon78 wrote:

Just is case anyone was wondering, the package issue dissent1 and I was seeing was an opkg issue. They had turned on some new feature that exposed a lot of bad code paths and then reverted it. Hence why the packages worked if built in but crapped out on downloaded installs.

Yes, thank you, I saw your bug ticket. It seems that we have just tried to install stuff in wrong time smile

Hi,

An attempt to fix the reboot issue on v1.1 hardware, would appreciate someone testing it as my device is 1.0.

Please keep a working image handy; in case this fails to boot and you need to do tftp recovery.
At your own risk.

Bare image + luci: dropmefiles.com/nNq4X

90b15cea264b9b57556b942cad143908  lede-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

I tried to install LEDE on my C2600 and the power led keeps blinking and the router won't do anything.

EDIT: Well the router finally booted up but I can't access the gateway (192.168.1.1)

(Last edited by widenerc on 26 Sep 2016, 21:35)

Did You try using ssh to connect to router?

Heinz wrote:

Yeah, I got it working but I have v1.1 and don't like the reboots. Is it possible to revert back to TP Link firmware?

ash wrote:

Hi,

An attempt to fix the reboot issue on v1.1 hardware, would appreciate someone testing it as my device is 1.0.

Please keep a working image handy; in case this fails to boot and you need to do tftp recovery.
At your own risk.

Bare image + luci: dropmefiles.com/nNq4X

90b15cea264b9b57556b942cad143908  lede-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

This issue remains not because people are not qualified to fix it but because they don't know the source of the problem. It would be helpful if you posted your source code, a patch, or a description of what you suspect the problem to be.

widenerc wrote:
Heinz wrote:

Yeah, I got it working but I have v1.1 and don't like the reboots. Is it possible to revert back to TP Link firmware?

Where did you download LEDE from?
Try this to go back to stock FW: https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tp … debricking

This zip file has password 123
Did anyone test if reboot is fixed? @Heinz?
I thought @widenerc did but it seems he's a new user who wrote after the post by coincidence.
I'd like to get another C2600 but all I can find is 1.1 and I need to be able to reboot (upgrade remotely, etc).

I just sent an email over to the ath10k mailing list, asking about support for 802.11  LEDs:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/at … 08478.html

I googled around first to see if anyone else had brought this to ath10k, but I didn't find anything. Apologies if anyone is already pursuing this.

(Last edited by jmomo on 27 Sep 2016, 12:04)

Hey all

Since no one replied, I take it the v1.1 firmware linked above still doesn't reboot the router?

Someone with v1.1 hardware pls let us know if reboot works or not..

I think I might go ahead and buy v1.1 next week and test for myself.. hope the devs will follow up and continue working on a fix though (if not already fixed).

james04 wrote:

Hey all

Since no one replied, I take it the v1.1 firmware linked above still doesn't reboot the router?

Someone with v1.1 hardware pls let us know if reboot works or not..

I think I might go ahead and buy v1.1 next week and test for myself.. hope the devs will follow up and continue working on a fix though (if not already fixed).

Didn't work. Continuous restart after uploading on my v1.1.

obsy wrote:

Didn't work. Continuous restart after uploading on my v1.1.

Thanks for testing obsy