OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: libtool ltdl crosscompile help

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have now hit another snag....  libltdl is looking for my drivers in the OpenWrt toolchain, not in the target filesystem....  I know nothing about libltdl...

Has anyone successfully cross-compiled an app that uses libltdl?  If so, can you please give me some hints?

Thanks,

--Yan

It looks like that freeradius uses libtool to get cross-compiled and it works fine. Provide more informations for us to help you please.

OK, I just submitted gphoto2 as a patch.  I have no idea how to get ltdl to use the default library directories on the target system; it is defaulting to their locations in the buildhost toolchain....

There must be a setting somewhere in libtool that lets me tell it where to look on the target....

In other words, when I run gphoto2 with the compiled in defaults, it looks in the toolchain:

0.008782 gphoto2-port-info-list(2): Using ltdl to load io-drivers from '/home/nfs/yan/whiterussian/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/libgphoto2-2.1.99/ipkg-install/usr/lib/libgphoto2_port/0.5.2'...
0.009338 gphoto2-port-info-list(2): Counting entries (0 available)...
0.009621 gphoto2-port-info-list(2): 0 regular entries available.

so I have to tell it where to look via env variables.....  It needs to be looking in /lib/portlibs.....

So where do I set that?

--Yan

OK, I finallly got a chance to resubmit my messed up patches...  So if anyone needs gphoto2, please test patches to the SDK provided in bug 545...

Thanks,

--Yan

The discussion might have continued from here.