OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Tech Skill: (replace RouterOS on RB750GL) with (OpenWRT) (repeat x 4)

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi:

Looking for a tech who might be interested in receiving MikroTik RB750GL routers (brand new) (running RouterOS) and replacing this with OpenWRT.

We can do this work, but it is time-consuming.
We have the steps documented for the most part and can repeat as needed.

We would rather spend time doing other things, and hand this task over to a vendor.

Again, take stock MikroTik RB750GL (no wifi) routers (brand new) running RouterOS, and replace/rebuild the router to use OpenWRT.
Ship the routers back to us when done (will ship 3-4 at a time to you).

Thanks for your interest, and we will be waiting for a reply.

Shawn

You should probably indicate your location as shipping costs will vary depending on where you are located in relation to any prospective vendor.   I would be interested as this is a very simple task (I've done it on my own RB750GL).

We are in California.

We would ship you the routers.
We would ask for qty = 2-4 at a time to be worked on.
We would start with one as a sample run to confirm the process works for both of us.
You would do the work (and) ship back using our Fed-Ex account.

We would need your details (phone and email).
We would pay via PayPal.com to keep things flowing.

Shawn

You can email me at rayknight@me.com.

sawgood wrote:

We would rather spend time doing other things, and hand this task over to a vendor.

I am just curious if you would rather spend more times in processing S/H the routers to the vendors as well as paying them through PayPal?

mazillo:
We  might have found someone interested in helping with this project.
We think our plan is going to work well.

The discussion might have continued from here.