OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WRTSL54GS status

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I've been playing with kamikaze/2.6 on my AP...

Here's a brief synopsis:

1.  USB 2 is broken.  The ehci_hcd module loads up, recognizes the hardware and anything plugged into the usb port.  But any attempt to use usb results in errors, and eventual reboot (caused by a kernel puke?)  (It's also broken in 2.4.)  USB 1 works reliably, but s...l...o...w...l...y.  This is really causing me some pain as I was hoping to use the bandwidth available with usb 2 for webcams, still cams, and data storage....  If anyone is working on this, I will be happy to provide any testing they need.

2.  With the 2.4 kernel, all three ethernet devices show up.  (This AP has 3 separate eth transceivers.)  With the 2.6 kernel, only eth0 and eth1 do.  I still haven't figured this one out; I'll do some more testing to see if this is a config or driver issue, and isolate which eth port is not working....

3.  The Power light is blinking.  I'm either going to tape it over with black electrical tape or figure out how the !@#$%^& GPIO work on this AP....

That's it for now.  If I figure any of these out, I'll post.

--Yan+

I'm using Whiterussian from SVN (been running RC5 a while too, no difference for these points)

1. usb2 seems to work here, except accessing a usb storage drive with nautilus/smb will crash the router for some reason.
2. eth2 is wifi, and there's no 2.6 driver for the chip.
3. no blinking here, kamikaze specific?

In RC5 you have to set wan_device=eth1 for WRTSL54GS to work, is this fixed in kamikaze?

arokh wrote:

I'm using Whiterussian from SVN (been running RC5 a while too, no difference for these points)

1. usb2 seems to work here, except accessing a usb storage drive with nautilus/smb will crash the router for some reason.

Well, I'm sunk I guess....  The drivers I need for my webcam don't compile with 2.4....  But I tried 2.4 kamikaze and it had the same failure.  So maybe something broke between 2.4.28(?) and 2.4.32?

arokh wrote:

2. eth2 is wifi, and there's no 2.6 driver for the chip.

That would explain it.  OK, I'll put that on hold.  It may be easier to fix the webcam driver.... At least that's open source, and it's supposed to work with 2.4.

arokh wrote:

3. no blinking here, kamikaze specific?

It must be, it didn't blink with RC5 when I first loaded it up.

arokh wrote:

In RC5 you have to set wan_device=eth1 for WRTSL54GS to work, is this fixed in kamikaze?

I haven't gotten that far yet....  I'm trying to get a webcam platform up first....

Thanks for the info.

--Yan

Well, I loaded up WR SVN, compiled all of the required modules and sw, and here's what I get when trying to use usb2:

Jan  1 00:05:29 (none) kern.warn kernel: hcd.c: use explicit queuing not urb->next
Jan  1 00:05:29 (none) kern.err kernel: drivers/usb/spca5xx.c: init isoc: usb_submit_urb(0) ret -22
Jan  1 00:05:29 (none) kern.info kernel: drivers/usb/spca5xx.c: [spca5xx_open:2437]  DEALLOC error on init_Isoc
Jan  1 00:05:29 (none) kern.warn kernel:

So it looks like it affects WR as well.  :-(

I got an isoc error using another webcam and another driver...

This http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/us … 00751.html seems to indicate that it may be a usb driver issue....  But I don't know enough about usb to make sense of it....

--Yan

(Last edited by cptdondo on 25 May 2006, 15:23)

Any luck yet? I'm still hoping to get any kind of firmware except stock linksys (too buggy) and USB2 data-storage working...

The discussion might have continued from here.