OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: patches agains CVS (new uClibc, busybox, etc, and cleanups)

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Here we go smile

Tested by myself and coder. It uses busybox and uClibc from 20041031  and patch-o-matic from 20041009.

Enjoy.

Edit:
$Subject updated, to reflect the new patches, too.

Attached wrt54g-router.patch with no hunks.

Attached wrt54g-router.patch with no hunks.

to make things clear: we are going to fix the hunks in the cvs' pathes, the first patch is clean.

iptables 1.2.11

bridge-utils 1.0.4 (apply after the buildroot patch)
dnsmasq 2.16
squashfs 2.0-r2 (basically the same as 2.0, the reason I bumped up the version is to make sure, that we will have the sources for some time)

all hunks but some fuzz dropped.

All the previous patches rolled in a single one!

Many thanks to kaloz & coder

--
Nico

Has [mbm] seen this yet?
I know mjn3 has also been working on an updated kernel but this sure seems like it would give us more freedom now.

updates have been commited to CVS. Today snapshot will use them. The cleanups will follow soon.

I think something went wrong during compiling of today's snapshot. For some reason the firmware is missing in the snapshot file...

I think something went wrong during compiling of today's snapshot. For some reason the firmware is missing in the snapshot file...

those changes went in yesterday, and that snapshot was built without any problem..

Following http://www.wallfire.org/misc/netfilter_ … k_perf.txt  this increases the maximum number of NAT connections to 5953 (from 1024 on the G, and 2048 on the GS).  At 352B per connection, the maximum of 5953 connections will use just under 2MB of RAM for both the G and the GS, up from the default max of 352KB for the G, and 704KB for the GS.  Also configures the number of hash buckets = max number of connections.

The default pppoecd daemon gives up and exits after about 10 minutes if it can't establish a connection.  I don't like to babysit my router and restart the daemon if my ISP is down for longer than that, so this patch modifies pppoecd to never stop trying to establish a connection.

Updated iproute2-2.6.9.

About ntpclient, I would suggest you change the default ntp server from time.nist.gov to pool.ntp.org (see www.pool.ntp.org for more)

--
Nico

About ntpclient, I would suggest you change the default ntp server from time.nist.gov to pool.ntp.org (see www.pool.ntp.org for more)

--
Nico

Done.

dircproxy - for all those asking if anyone's gotten irssi to run on the wrt, this is probably a better alternative.
http://dircproxy.securiweb.net

The discussion might have continued from here.