OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [MT7621A]WiTi Board is coming. Do you want to hack it?

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Feb 2018 and 3 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I can't install the kmod-fs-ext4 module, get this error:

root@Witi:/# opkg install kmod-fs-ext4
Unknown package 'kmod-fs-ext4'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4.

why is that??

I have run opkg update

(Last edited by LTH on 30 Jan 2016, 20:02)

LTH wrote:

I can't install the kmod-fs-ext4 module, get this error:

root@Witi:/# opkg install kmod-fs-ext4
Unknown package 'kmod-fs-ext4'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4.

why is that??

I have run opkg update

Try this link: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … 1004kc.ipk

nitroshift

thx..,

But now I got this error.

"root@Witi:~/kmod# opkg install kmod-fs-ext4_4.3.4-1_ramips_1004kc.ipk
Installing kmod-fs-ext4 (4.3.4-1) to root...
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-fs-ext4:
*      kernel (= 4.3.4-1-5a173204de0d8abb2d434f579d86b21c) *   kmod-lib-crc16 *        kmod-crypto-hash *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4."

and opkg install pkg-name doensæt work.

where can i find the module??

Edit:
I have found the two modules, but where can i find the kernel??

(Last edited by LTH on 30 Jan 2016, 21:08)

Found it at last big_smile was in the same url, but need to go further back.

Are there error on mounting a sata disk on the witi board?

Have know installed the kmod-fs-ext4 module - but when I do mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /mountpoint
it says no device found.

I have seen in dmesg the disk is found and from fdisk - the disk is located at /dev/sda1.

EDIT:
It's look like I have the wrong kernel version.

if I do opkg info kernel, it show two kernels.
if i say uname -r - it shows the old kernel version.

And the package I have installed, is only for the new kernel.

so how to upgrade the kernel?

(Last edited by LTH on 4 Feb 2016, 17:33)

@LTH

Kernel can be updated only if new firmware based on that newer kernel version is flashed.

nitroshift

Has anyone tried kmod-fs-btrfs or tried a port multiplier on the SATA port?

I found ext4 to work best. As for sata port multiplier, the data sheet says it's supported.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 26 Feb 2016, 06:02)

Bump.

Hello how is it going with CC support? will the board be suppoerted with the rls of 15.05.1?
Thanks

@mucha

The board is supported for quite some time in trunk. Once 15.05.1 will be available it will support WiTi too. The upcoming WiTi 2 will be supported too once it comes out since I already have the patches ready, but I need a board to test them.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 9 Mar 2016, 05:58)

@nitroshift

Wow great, thanks, I am going to order it as soon as 15.05.1 rolls out.
Thank you, you roll

Hello,

What modes supports Witi?
- Access Point
- Ad-Hoc
- Client
- Repeater

Thanks you.
AntonioG

OKay feels like a stupid question here and I'm probably missing something simple... but since SD card support is still broken in DD (which just got bumped to 4.4 a few days ago), how do I compile trunk without it? I went into menuconfig and removed kmod-mmc, kmod-sdhci-mt7620 and kmod-sdhci, and yet when I build the damn sd_mod.ko is still there! Even just did a complete make target/linux/clean and tried again, same problem.

Is there something in the target itself that I need to change/alter/disable in order to skip the broken module? Obviously would love to have the SD fixed but in the meantime I'd be happy with at least being able to boot lol

remove it from dependencies in the witi profile .mk (target/linux/ramips/mt7621/profiles)

stas2z wrote:

remove it from dependencies in the witi profile .mk (target/linux/ramips/mt7621/profiles)

Aha finally that seemed to fix it! Thanks, any word on what is going on with that MMC module anyway? I know earlier it was said to be a kernel bug but is there a link to the report or anything we can do to help resolve it?
Looking forward to Witi2 and really hoping the SD card will be usable by then

jolouis wrote:
stas2z wrote:

Aha finally that seemed to fix it! Thanks, any word on what is going on with that MMC module anyway? I know earlier it was said to be a kernel bug but is there a link to the report or anything we can do to help resolve it?
Looking forward to Witi2 and really hoping the SD card will be usable by then

i don't know, i don't use mainline cc or dd for my board

Hello!
anyone tried microsd be mounted as extroot?
thank you! smile

As the MicroSD driver is still broken (and disabled by default nowdays) the answer is no.

ok never mind smile thank you anyway

anyway, where can I keep track of the driver implementation progress, please? Is there such a place?
thanks a lot

i am not that deep in linux, but yea - i figured out that sd-xc interface is provided by the SoC itself - MT7621A - right?
where can I track if the SD driver is broken or anything related to it? Googled but seems like out of luck today...

thanks

Hi guys, how can I start to use the internal SATA asmedia controller?

Just figured out a frustrating problem with a simple solution. I was trying to get the ac (5ghz) wireless radio0 working on the WiTi. Whenever I clicked "Enable", wlan0 failed to start and wireless ac didn't work.

System Log looked like this:

Sun Oct 16 06:26:43 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (1947): command failed: No such device (-19)
Sun Oct 16 06:26:52 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Sun Oct 16 06:26:53 2016 kern.info kernel: [105330.990000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
Sun Oct 16 06:26:53 2016 kern.info kernel: [105331.000000] device wlan0 entered promiscuous mode
Sun Oct 16 06:26:53 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->COUNTRY_UPDATE
Sun Oct 16 06:26:53 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): ACS: Automatic channel selection started, this may take a bit
Sun Oct 16 06:26:53 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): wlan0: interface state COUNTRY_UPDATE->ACS
Sun Oct 16 06:26:53 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): wlan0: ACS-STARTED 
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): ACS: Unable to collect survey data
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): ACS: All study options have failed
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): Interface initialization failed
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): wlan0: interface state ACS->DISABLED
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): wlan0: AP-DISABLED 
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): ACS: Possibly channel configuration is invalid, please report this along with your config file.
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): ACS: Failed to start
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): wlan0: AP-DISABLED 
Sun Oct 16 06:27:05 2016 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2170): hostapd_free_hapd_data: Interface wlan0 wasn't started

Doing some googling of the error messages, I cam upon this SO question:https://serverfault.com/questions/77142 … urvey-data. In it, I discovered ACS = Automatic Channel Subscription, and apparently it doesn't work correctly in all drivers.

So the solution to make AC work? Don't set your AC channel to "auto"! Pick one. Boom. it works. It would be great if this got added to the wiki Known Issues because I believe auto is the default.

mucha wrote:

i am not that deep in linux, but yea - i figured out that sd-xc interface is provided by the SoC itself - MT7621A - right?
where can I track if the SD driver is broken or anything related to it? Googled but seems like out of luck today...

thanks

mucha, if you know how to build openwrt from source, the instructions for how to enable the SD card in the WiTi are in this thread. I'm not sure of the exact post #. It's not hard, you just change one line of code. It's probably in my comment history.

From what I recall, the SD card bug is an unfixed linux kernel issue. Fixing the root cause was out of the control of openwrt contributors, but you can easily enable it in the source. It's probably the easiest and most satisfying "hack" you can do to this board.

shutin wrote:

So the solution to make AC work? Don't set your AC channel to "auto"! Pick one. Boom. it works. It would be great if this got added to the wiki Known Issues because I believe auto is the default.

I spoke too soon. Yes, disabling auto will get the radio to start. But I can't see an AC ssid it with any of my clients. If I change it to "Legacy" i can see it. Did any of you guys do anything extra to make AC work?

I recall when all the Witis were shipped that some people received incorrect antennas. Is it possible I have a BGN antenna on my NAC antenna connector and that causes AC to not be visible? My signal and noise dBM is 0%.

@shutin can you post you wifi config file? (/etc/config/wireless) make sure to remove any passwords or ssids.

I only use the 5GHz AC on the WiTi and it works just fine. (I'm using LEDE project, but OpenWRT was working before I switched)

When did you get the board? Have you looked through the WiTi forums as well?
I have changed MAC address for the 5GHz chip in the EEPROM as it created a conflict with Qualcom chips.