OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Gl.iNet 6416A (comes with OpenWRT Barrier Braker pre-installed)

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Nov 2017 and 25 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

klaberte wrote:

otor, I must admit I appreciate your perseverance.  But I have to restate that I think you are expecting the gl-inet out-of-the-box firmware to run smoothly in cases that were not core to gl-inet's mission.  You may have found a bug, but not one that too many people feel is worthy of much interest (possibly including those who work for gl-inet, but I won't speak for them.)

<snip>

You can take great pleasure in knowing that the jump to/from the gl-inet OEM software to pure openwrt is one of the easiest around.

Probably. The GL.iNet GUI does contain a lot of empty space; links to documentation that doesn't exist and the like. But this has certainly been worthwhile for me; I've learned much more than I would have if things worked correctly (hey - maybe those errors were inserted as teaching tools  smile

And I am nearly done with this anyway. My curiosity demands that I check Luci's behavior on package Installs in the OpenWRT distribution, and if it fails as the GL.iNet software does, then I'll submit a bug report. It'll be a few days (maybe longer) before I get another opportunity to work this.

Thanks for the feedback.

RangerZ wrote:

There also is an AR150 thread, but it's not as developed as this one.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=60123

Yeah it would be nice if AR150 related issues would be discussed there, just to prevent confusion with 6416 stuff.

New corrected pinout image.

The 3V3 and 5V lables where switched.   
I'm about to add the new one to the Wiki, should the old ones be deleted? or keep them in the wiki?

Correct... I almost fried my 6416!! It was me who notified alzhao about the mistake!
(I'm Guest on that forum :-)

(Last edited by N0EL on 29 Oct 2015, 23:33)

Thanks for the heads up N0EL! 

How is the boat project going?

frietpan wrote:

New corrected pinout image.

The 3V3 and 5V lables where switched.   
I'm about to add the new one to the Wiki, should the old ones be deleted? or keep them in the wiki?

Delete them. We don't need to keep incorrect stuff.

okay

Boat project is doing well!

I'm about to get some 3D casings printed to put it all nicely in.
I'm also working on some KISS configuration software for it.

(Last edited by N0EL on 30 Oct 2015, 10:19)

Sounds good!

I got one of those little aa to USB "emergency chargers" and it happily runs the GL-AR150.

The 2AA version with 2400mah cells managed to provide 1150mah @5v which gave around 6 hours of light-medium usage over wifi. (streaming wifi radio)

It runs the cells into the ground and doesn't seem very graceful when the cells actually die but it's good for light usage.

The USB charger doesn't seem to have anything limiting the current, it says max output is 500ma but will provide 700ma to my phone, it's probably why so many people say they melt. If you disable the boost converter it leaves the cells connected to the USB output.

The discussion might have continued from here.