OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Can lost wikipages be recovered?

The content of this topic has been archived on 11 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

This forum topic:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=33502
points to:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/wireless.hotspot

For some reason this page is deleted, merged or  moved.

Can this page redirect to the correct info and some information why this page is not there.
"This page was moved to <link>"
"This page is merged with <link>"

Also is there a way to find dead links in the forum that point to deaf ends in the wiki?
I guess this is not an easy thing, but i'm raising the issue because this raises the difficulty for new users.

And since there is this sticky that says: "Please do generally refer to (and DO NOT explain again):" 

If many people referred to that hotspot wikipage and the page is now no longer available. then MANY people start running into dead ends and it will never stop. I think this is a problem for all wiki's and I don't know how those account for this. I just wanted to bring this under attention and hope there is a way to turn this dead end into a live passageway again.

Where can others find older revisions?

Would have been good enough if there was a link on the page that points to older revisions, this way people could eventually co back to the revision that existed around the same date of the forum post.

For instance people who have a router with BB or AA or even older they still can have an easy way to digg up older documentation.   I'm sure there will be a reason for the removal,  and it would have been nice if a reason was given upon removing.   For the current documentation that page might no longer be appropiate.  Still people will browse the forum pages and so they will end in a dead end street.   And that's in my opinion not the best option.   A simple page revision history would probably solve this?? 

I'm trying to figure out how you dug up that page!  In recent changes i only find the latest changes to the wiki, but i dont see page revisions for that specific page. So at this point i'm already happy that older revisions are still available.  :-)

The discussion might have continued from here.