OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: PPTP Strong VPN

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi Guys I installed the new firmware and my router below got so much better.
One of things that it does not do is connect my windows tablet to my stateside vpn provider.
I use strong VPN service and PPTP.
I looked and tried to find all the notes they were all too old or did not make sense to me.
I am novice Open WRT user and other than making my Raspberry have its own IP address I kept the stock config and everything has been great. 

I could not find opkg install kmod-nf-nathelper-extra and this page was not extremely helpful
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/vpn.nat.pptp

My Sytem
System
Hostname    OpenWrt
Model    TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v9
Firmware Version    OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 / LuCI (git-15.248.30277-3836b45)
Kernel Version    3.18.20
Local Time    Sun Feb 14 11:46:41 2016
Uptime    11d 11h 35m 55s
Load Average    0.01, 0.03, 0.05

Any way to make my strong VPN service work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JWP

Is there any chance you did not run

# opkg update

before installing kmod-nf-nathelper-extra?

To see that it is there:

# opkg list | grep kmod-nf-nathelper-extra
kmod-nf-nathelper-extra - 3.18.20-1 - Extra Netfilter (IPv4) Conntrack and NAT helpers Includes: - amanda - h323 - mms - pptp - proto_gre - sip - snmp_basic - broadcast

To install it

# opkg install kmod-nf-nathelper-extra

If you use the Web Gui (Luci), there is a button to update package list before you can install anything.

zoOK, you have super hero status.
That worked and it connected and everything is just peachie.

Thank you so much for the time it took.  I forgot about the update.  I do use the ssh to look around it a lot.
I do not change anything tough just look around smile

The discussion might have continued from here.