Hi everyone! I've done a lot of research and finally managed to get this combination working. So I thought sharing my experience could be helpful to others who had issues with the same configuration.
Huawei E3372h-153 (aka Megafon M150-2)
1. The dongle works at higher efficiency in stick mode.
Convert the dongle from HiLink mode to stick mode: http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2015/ … -from.html
In order to enable the TF card reader, instead of AT^SETPORT="FF;12,16", set new SETPORT value to
2. Format the SD card and create a partition in ext4 file system
3. The capacity of the built-in flash memory on the router is only 4MB. A "normal" installation of standard OpenWRT image does not leave enough space for kmod-fs-ext4.
Build a custom image to include necessary packages: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/obta … e.generate
make image PROFILE=TLMR3020 PACKAGES="block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-usb-storage -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe"
4. Install the custom image on the router.
5. Set computer's IP address to 192.168.1.2 and mask to 255.255.255.0
6. Change the password for root
telnet 192.168.1.1 mount_root passwd
7. Rootfs on External Storage (extroot): https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot
8. Install package
9. Plug in the dongle
10. Add network configuration
config interface 'wan' option proto 'ncm' option device '/dev/cdc-wdm0' option ifname 'eth1' option apn 'YOUR_APN' option pin 'YOUR_PIN' # not necessary if PIN is disabled option username 'YOUR_USERNAME' # not necessary if no username is needed option password 'YOUR_PASSWORD' # not necessary if no password is needed
11. Include the following script in boot scripts, in order to resolve DHCP issues
echo 6000 > /sys/class/net/wwan0/cdc_ncm/tx_max echo 0 > /sys/class/net/wwan0/cdc_ncm/min_tx_pkt
Secret sauce found here: https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/ope … 33997.html
12. Update zone 'wan' in firewall configurations: /etc/config/firewall
option network 'wan wan_4 wan_6'
(Last edited by whatUwant on 2 Mar 2016, 23:09)