OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: developing nocatauth in C for openwrt

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello there

We are developing a captive version of the NoCat Gateway for the WRT54G. It's already coded and working, but we have a problem with modules.

We get an error when trying to use the mac extension of iptables: the error says "Couldn't load match `mac':File not found"

Initially we didn't have the ipt_mac.o module; now we have it, but still get the same message... any help on it?

thanks

1. Load the ipt_*.o module
2. Install the libipt_*.so plugin in /usr/lib/iptables

Thank you very much...

I had de.so in it's place, as a soft link, but it was pointing to the wrong place.
Thanks again

One other question yet...

Now we get this error:
iptables: match `mac' v1.2.9 (I'm v1.2.11).

Cannot find anywhere ipt_mac.o nor .so

Anyone knows where they can be?
thanks again

you can find ipt_mac.so in your iptables directory when you have enabled it for compilation in the iptables Makefile.

ipt_mac.o can be found in the kernel modules.tar.gz file when you had enabled in kernel configuration MAC compilation as module.

I don't know what your requirements are and what you want to achieve with your captive version of the NoCat Gateway. But I thing you should take a look at WifiDog captive portal. One goal of Wifidog development was for Nocat replacement (it can not run on embedded device easily). Many improvement added : No javascript pop-up, any network traffic keep you connection active and many more.

Here you can see the auth-server with the hotspot list of Ile Sans Fil network.

Wifidog is presently in heavy coding, many more features are coming.

The discussion might have continued from here.