OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: aodv questions

The content of this topic has been archived on 3 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Does any one have experience in compiling aodv or aodv-st or aodv-uu successfully on wrt54g or ASUA 500g-delux?
Here is my case, I can cross-compile aodv and aodv-st but both of them cause the wrt54g to reboot, then I turned to asus 500g however it cannot load the module saying that:

insmod: error reading ELF header: Success
insmod: Could not load the module: Success

Now I'm very confused with this problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance!

Thank you, but I need to compile aodv by myself. Could you tell me how to do cross compilation for wrt54g or asus 500g for aodv-uu?

Additionally, after I cross compiled the aodv and aodv-st I saw many warnnings but no errors left. Did anyone has the same experience with me?
What's more. I want to have a try on cross compile aodv-uu as well.
Thanks for attention

Use the OpenWRT SDK or the full OpenWRT buildroot and the patch mentioned above.

Thanks for your advice, sincerely.
Can you give me some more details on cross compile aodv-uu. For example how to change the makefile in aodv-uu-0.9.1

Oh, thank you very much.
May I ask a stupid question. How to use this patch. Because when type patch p1 < aodv-uu-0.9.1.patch in the aodv-uu-0.9.1 directory
It returned patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Is there other requirements and insturctions to do the cross compilation for aodv-uu for mipsel rather than arm?
I can only find instructions to compile for arm instead of mipsel.

Thank you so much for your help~~

The discussion might have continued from here.