OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

maagmaximus wrote:

hi there. I'm new in the forum.

I've recently installed your openwrt/lede snapshot firmware in my linksys wrt3200 acm. The fact is that I cannot find transmission packages such as transmission-daemon, transmission-cli and so on. The only package included in the repositories, or at least the one I have is luci-app-transmission. So my question is, where could I find the packages or where could I find a compatible repository in order to add it to the distribution feeds label?.

Another problem that I found is the constant wireless dropping, not only in david's snapshot but also in the "stock" lede firmware. has anyone else had or is having this problem? if yes, how to face it?

thanks in advance mates.

There was another person who reported wifi drops a few days ago, but that was all we heard from this person, so you are the 2nd person to mention it.

About packages, if it isn't in the repo then the package did not build correctly. Usually, the package maintainer will fix the problem within a few weeks, and corrects the issue.

How long have you had the 3200acm?

davidc502 wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:

I've recently installed your openwrt/lede snapshot firmware in my linksys wrt3200 acm. The fact is that I cannot find transmission packages such as transmission-daemon, transmission-cli and so on. The only package included in the repositories, or at least the one I have is luci-app-transmission. So my question is, where could I find the packages or where could I find a compatible repository in order to add it to the distribution feeds label?.

Another problem that I found is the constant wireless dropping, not only in david's snapshot but also in the "stock" lede firmware. has anyone else had or is having this problem? if yes, how to face it?

thanks in advance mates.

There was another person who reported wifi drops a few days ago, but that was all we heard from this person, so you are the 2nd person to mention it.

About packages, if it isn't in the repo then the package did not build correctly. Usually, the package maintainer will fix the problem within a few weeks, and corrects the issue.

I bought it few days ago. Just try the stock firmware and then installed lede firmware shortly after. I bought it in order to install openwrt/lede firmware for testing. I had an old router with old openwrt running, but still learning.

I am having some drops, but what I am really concern about is wifi signal, I have my old tp-link w8970 working in ap mode configuration and the wifi signal is much stronger than linksys'. It is really disappointed. Not to mention 5ghz wireless which is totally weak and poor.

Regarding the transmission package I've managed to install and run it properly. I just added repos at custom feeds posted by someone else above.

by the way, great snapshot, great job mate.

(Last edited by maagmaximus on 24 Dec 2017, 01:18)

maagmaximus wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:

thanks in advance mates.

I bought it few days ago. Just try the stock firmware and then installed lede firmware shortly after. I bought it in order to install openwrt/lede firmware for testing. I had an old router with old openwrt running, but still learning.

I am having some drops, but what I am really concern about is wifi signal, I have my old tp-link w8970 working in ap mode configuration and the wifi signal is much stronger than linksys'. It is really disappointed. Not to mention 5ghz wireless which is totally weak and poor.

Regarding the transmission package I've managed to install and run it properly. I just added repos at custom feeds posted by someone else above.

I'll go ahead and just confirm your finding about the weak 5Ghz wifi signal. The FCC has mandated all new routers with 5Ghz, not allow the customer to adjust the power levels at all. The power levels are set by chip programmed by Linksys from the factory and can not be altered. So, I'm assuming you live here in the US? It's too bad, but with Opensource we had some people screwing with the power levels and taking them out of range for the particular band they were on likely causing interference or the perception of interference in their area's. When it comes to frequencies, the FCC doesn't mess around and shut it down. Anyhow, that's water under the bridge at this point.

So about the wifi drops.. Is this happening because the signal is too low or the distance too great due to the lower power level?  Or is the signal good, and you might be watching a video and wifi just drops on the device?

davidc502 wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

I'll go ahead and just confirm your finding about the weak 5Ghz wifi signal. The FCC has mandated all new routers with 5Ghz, not allow the customer to adjust the power levels at all. The power levels are set by chip programmed by Linksys from the factory and can not be altered. So, I'm assuming you live here in the US? It's too bad, but with Opensource we had some people screwing with the power levels and taking them out of range for the particular band they were on likely causing interference or the perception of interference in their area's. When it comes to frequencies, the FCC doesn't mess around and shut it down. Anyhow, that's water under the bridge at this point.

So about the wifi drops.. Is this happening because the signal is too low or the distance too great due to the lower power level?  Or is the signal good, and you might be watching a video and wifi just drops on the device?

Nope, I'm from spain, it's nearly 2 o'clock in the morning here right now. 2.4 ghz wireless drops with no device attached at all. I test it using an app, wifi analyzer for instance, and see how signal drops constantly. maybe some kind of interferences or maybe not. Regarding 5 ghz wireless I'll try not to configurise manually power levels and will see how signal behaves. when you mention power levels you mean to adjust Network / Wireless / transmit power right?

I am also aware about some 5 ghz channels restrictions not to overlap with radar signal for instance. I've read that somewhere.

(Last edited by maagmaximus on 24 Dec 2017, 01:48)

login as: root
root@192.168.2.1's password:

BusyBox v1.27.2 () built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
-----------------------------------------------------
Lede SNAPSHOT, r5572-4a4d957d1a
-----------------------------------------------------
root@LEDE:~# uptime
20:00:50 up 2 days,  2:53,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
root@LEDE:~#

2 days up and running

Unfortunately, 4.9v2 soft reboot my 1900ACv1 after about 9hrs of uptime.

I catch strange reading in log right after reboot:

cron.err crond[1719]: time disparity of 245 minutes detected

And yes, temps are higher about 3-4 degrees - in fact, i just lost fan_crtl after update - /etc/* is not saved after firmware update.

davidc502 wrote:

transmission lost in all you 4.9 repo(s) - i check them all.

T-Troll wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Is there a specific package with transmission being looked for?

root@lede:~# opkg list |grep transmission
luci-app-transmission - git-17.343.27587-8e6b1a6-1 - LuCI Support for Transmission
luci-i18n-transmission-en - git-17.343.27587-8e6b1a6-1 - Translation for luci-app-transmission - English

*EDIT*

I've looked through all of the possible transmission packages and they are all set to compile as a module.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 24 Dec 2017, 04:03)

maagmaximus wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:

Nope, I'm from spain, it's nearly 2 o'clock in the morning here right now. 2.4 ghz wireless drops with no device attached at all. I test it using an app, wifi analyzer for instance, and see how signal drops constantly. maybe some kind of interferences or maybe not. Regarding 5 ghz wireless I'll try not to configurise manually power levels and will see how signal behaves. when you mention power levels you mean to adjust Network / Wireless / transmit power right?

I am also aware about some 5 ghz channels restrictions not to overlap with radar signal for instance. I've read that somewhere.

Have you set the country code yet?

Can you copy the output of the following  cat /etc/config/wireless

Can someone help me with local SAMBA network?
I set up 2 routers, wrt3200acm running openwrt as main router, and the other running Tomato as AP which also support SAMBA client and attach to a storage. My devices typically connect to the AP to access samba network. I noticed whenever i transfered a file, it jumped back to main router and back down to AP instead of staying right on the AP. Is there a way to keep it in AP?

davidc502 wrote:
meffovic wrote:

Hi,

I've been  struggling with the the same reboot issue myself, for quite some time, with the wrt1900ac v1 (mamba).
It feels like I've been testing every release I got my hands on, so... - I would really much like to get to try this test build you guys are talking about here in the last replies.

I don't know where to download it though, if someone could be so kind to point me in the right direction, thanks.

Best regards,
meffe

This is the link to the test build for the 1900ac Version 1.  Give it a few days and let everyone know how it does.

davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/releases/v1_4.9.zip

This is the version I'm currently running - and the reboots keep happening, unfortunately.

I don't know what to do tbh... I did have it running stable once before - but i cant remember what version i was running.
I''ve also tried your other version 5113 -- i got the reboots with that too.

meffovic wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
meffovic wrote:

Hi,

I've been  struggling with the the same reboot issue myself, for quite some time, with the wrt1900ac v1 (mamba).
It feels like I've been testing every release I got my hands on, so... - I would really much like to get to try this test build you guys are talking about here in the last replies.

I don't know where to download it though, if someone could be so kind to point me in the right direction, thanks.

Best regards,
meffe

This is the link to the test build for the 1900ac Version 1.  Give it a few days and let everyone know how it does.

This is the version I'm currently running - and the reboots keep happening, unfortunately.

I don't know what to do tbh... I did have it running stable once before - but i cant remember what version i was running.

Im at 2+ weeks uptime with my build here: https://git.realms.tech/JTRealms/lede-w … bu/generic

Would be interesting to see if its as stable on other wrt1900ac v1's

JTRealms wrote:
meffovic wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Im at 2+ weeks uptime with my build here: git.realms.tech/JTRealms/lede-wrt1900v1/src/master/bin/targets/mvebu/generic

Hi,

I will most certainly give this build a try. But I do have some family matters I need to attend to first, so I'll get to it in a few hours, and get back to you.

Thank you for sharing!

Merry Christmas!

Regards, meffe

davidc502 wrote:
T-Troll wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Is there a specific package with transmission being looked for?

root@lede:~# opkg list |grep transmission
luci-app-transmission - git-17.343.27587-8e6b1a6-1 - LuCI Support for Transmission
luci-i18n-transmission-en - git-17.343.27587-8e6b1a6-1

*EDIT*

I've looked through all of the possible transmission packages and they are all set to compile as a module.

Great. Like I said I have transmission running and working properly right now.

I thought luci-i18n-transmission-en - git-17.343.27587-8e6b1a6-1 it was just a translation package. I'll use it when needed next time.

thanks

(Last edited by maagmaximus on 24 Dec 2017, 12:11)

davidc502 wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

I did

config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option hwmode '11a'
    option path 'soc/soc:pcie-controller/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'
    option htmode 'VHT80'
    option country 'ES'
    option channel '161'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option ssid 'LinksysWRT_5'
    option encryption 'psk-mixed'
    option key 'whaever'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option channel '11'
    option hwmode '11g'
    option path 'soc/soc:pcie-controller/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0'
    option txpower '20'
    option htmode 'HT40'
    option country 'ES'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
    option device 'radio1'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option ssid 'LinksysWRT_2.4'
    option key 'whichever'

do you know any tweak?

JTRealms wrote:
meffovic wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Im at 2+ weeks uptime with my build here: git.realms.tech/JTRealms/lede-wrt1900v1/src/master/bin/targets/mvebu/generic

Hey again,

I was just about to test your build, and I'm afraid that link isn't working.
So if you could upload the file to any other place, I would be greatful.
Thanks again.

Regards, Johan

maagmaximus wrote:

Same here, 3200ACM-EU.
My old RT-N66U is doing way better in terms of the wifi signal !
Basicly I still have to use my N66u to get a decent 2.4ghz signal in my bedroom. Really dissapointing !
Btw, I've found that the @ 5ghz signal is much better when using a DFS channel @27dBm.
Other channels are locked @20dBm and the performance significant lower...
I'm wondering if the Linksys High Gain Antennas (WRT004ANT-EU) would be a real improvement ?
I really dont like to use a second router just to get a decent 2.4ghz signal in my bed room sad

meffovic wrote:
JTRealms wrote:
meffovic wrote:

Hey again,

Thanks again.

Regards, Johan

Ha sorry, broke the server setting up a Christmas movie live stream :3 Anyway it should be backup!

Zorr0x wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:

Same here, 3200ACM-EU.
My old RT-N66U is doing way better in terms of the wifi signal !
Basicly I still have to use my N66u to get a decent 2.4ghz signal in my bedroom. Really dissapointing !
Btw, I've found that the @ 5ghz signal is much better when using a DFS channel @27dBm.
Other channels are locked @20dBm and the performance significant lower...
I'm wondering if the Linksys High Gain Antennas (WRT004ANT-EU) would be a real improvement ?
I really dont like to use a second router just to get a decent 2.4ghz signal in my bed room sad

Buy the high Gain Antenna if everything you need is one 1 floor as coverage up stairs may not be as good.

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-arti … Num=155218

maagmaximus wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
maagmaximus wrote:

I did

config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option hwmode '11a'
    option path 'soc/soc:pcie-controller/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'
    option htmode 'VHT80'
    option country 'ES'
    option channel '161'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option ssid 'LinksysWRT_5'
    option key 'whaever'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option channel '11'
    option hwmode '11g'
    option path 'soc/soc:pcie-controller/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0'
    option txpower '20'
    option htmode 'HT40'
    option country 'ES'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
    option device 'radio1'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option ssid 'LinksysWRT_2.4'
    option key 'whichever'

do you know any tweak?

Try taking it out of mixed mode and set it to WPA2-PSK.  One reason is for security, and all of your mobile devices should support it.
Maybe there is another reason why it is set to mixed mode?

davidc502 wrote:

Buy the high Gain Antenna if everything you need is one 1 floor as coverage up stairs may not be as good.

Only one floor here, so I'm gonna buy them.
I will be very upset with Linksys if this doesnt fix my 2.4ghz problem and i still have to use a second router for wifi...

Btw david can u tell me how much free memory you have after ~2days of usage with ur 3200acm ?

(Last edited by Zorr0x on 24 Dec 2017, 16:50)

JTRealms wrote:
meffovic wrote:
JTRealms wrote:

Hey again,

Thanks again.

Regards, Johan

Ha sorry, broke the server setting up a Christmas movie live stream :3 Anyway it should be backup!

hehe, great.. i've grabbed it now.
May I ask you how your throughput is, on the 5ghz radio?

Best regards - meffe

Zorr0x wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Only one floor here, so I'm gonna buy them.
I will be very upset with Linksys if this doesnt fix my 2.4ghz problem and i still have to use a second router for wifi...

Btw david can u tell me how much free memory you have after ~2days of usage with ur 3200acm ?

This is what I have right now.

root@lede:~# uptime
13:51:30 up 4 days,  6:18,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Mem: 226208K used, 286836K free, 2100K shrd, 15236K buff, 20916K cached

Take a look at your wireless statistics for wlan1.  How much signal noise do you have?

My WRT1200ACv1 install is very basic with nothing fancy and a couple of months old now:

\    LE  \    /  -----------------------------------------------------------
   \  DE    \  /    Reboot (SNAPSHOT, r4901-ab26fc6c8d)
    \________\/    -----------------------------------------------------------

root@LEDE:~# uptime
 15:33:28 up 17 days,  9:26,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
root@LEDE:~# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        513080      76820     436260       1252       6000      17696
-/+ buffers/cache:      53124     459956
Swap:            0          0          0
root@LEDE:~# 

WRT1900AC V1 with the latest Fix

login as: root
root@192.168.2.1's password: