OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: support for tp-link Wr840n v2

The content of this topic has been archived between 21 Apr 2018 and 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

rmotabr wrote:

Hi gnarfzkl,

I downloaded the latest image at Download section from OpenWrt site. You can find the link below. After this you will need to Hex edit the bin just like cmpyl0 said at his post. I did this with Notepad++ with Hex Editor plugin. After this, I configured my ethernet interface (lan cable) with a fixed IP (192.168.0.86). The next step was run a tftpd server (you can download an open source easely). After these steps all you need to do is power on the router while pressing the reset button for about 3 seconds. The router will look for a tftp server at 192.168.0.86 and download the image. Remember to rename the image file to wr841nv2_tp_recovery.bin.

This link form.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81462-H … bricked-it will help you with the image upload procedure.

Link to download:
downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.0 … actory.bin

Sir can you upload the file you modify since I don't have compiler to compile after hexing, Thank you very much.

kuda.lumping wrote:

Hi try flash with this  w ww69.zippyshare.com/v/4VaGNabB/file.html  through tftpd

thank you for this awesome file. it works with wr840n(eu)v2. through tftd32. smile

Hi guys..I have tp link tl-wr840n v4.can i be able to install opemwrt with luci on the router?

The discussion might have continued from here.