OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Resetting A5-V11 3G/4G Router

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I want to reset this little router, because i deleted by mistake the LAN interface, and i cant access to the router.
I tried hold the reset button for 10,30,60 sec, but nothing happened. Did I do something wrong, or is there a other way to reset it?

you can remove (unsolder the spi flash ) and flash it with an image extracted from another router (I can send you the files if you want) if you have a programmer. I always do that

So there is no reset function supported by openwrt ?
And what about serial console, can i enable LAN interface through it?
I have neither the programmer, nor time to do that, so, if there is no way to "debrick", i put it on a shelf.

tommi32 wrote:

No, serial console communicates with the SoC, not the OS.

tommi32 wrote:

So there is no reset function supported by openwrt ?
I have neither the programmer, nor time to do that, so, if there is no way to "debrick", i put it on a shelf.

If you have a serial console access to your router (i.e you have usb-to-TTL adapter) connect it as below:

http://i.imgur.com/ekMsXwI.jpg?1

And set the adapter to 57600 baud rate by using any terminal program (e.g putty or teraterm) and type

firstboot && reboot

This is the equivalent to hardware reset

(Last edited by Abdullbasit on 15 Jul 2016, 19:47)

The discussion might have continued from here.