OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: PATCH: update linksys source to 3.37.2

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

Included is a patch agains CVS to use th 3.37.2 linksys sources. The patch does not yet integrate all new features, but is does produce a working image.

The main drawback with the new kernel is that it no longer contains the wireless extensions. The required ioctl's are simply no longer included in the wl.o module. This breaks /sbin/wifi. Luckily, doing a wlconf up on all lan_ifnames interfaces can replace it.

Also, all linksys specific nat helpers (e.g. SIP) are missing. These should be readded later.

Please test and comment.

Regards
Andreas

Great. Just bought myself another wrt54gs to expand my network to my living room. I have wall connectors near my DSL modem, where I take signal with rj-45 to my fuse box, where I have placed my wrt54-gs number 1 (Main router) and there's wall connectors that lead to my guest/computer room and to my bed room. Now I wanted to set up a link to my living room (I have a laptop + dvd player with network connection there) and thought that best way to do it, would be getting another wrt54 and use it as a wireless bridge.

Just was hoping that new version would be ready before I'd start to install a custom firmware.

Thanks!

1) Someone to make a list of biggest changes to older openwrt?
2) Wasn't there a thread about missing SIPs etc..click me for that thread[/url]

1) Someone to make a list of biggest changes to older openwrt?

Just read the CVS changelog. There are also a number of patches in the forum.

2) Wasn't there a thread about missing SIPs etc..click me for that thread

Nico extracted the SIP netfilter stuff from the newer firmwares and applied them to the 2.07 source. My patch first resets the netfilter with vanilla 2.4.20 kernel versions (this nukes the SIP stuff also) and then applies the netfilter patch-o-matic patches. Re-adding Nico's SIP patches should be fairly easy. Just try applying his patches after mine.

Andreas

I'll try..
Though.. Don't got any known use for SIP so can't know if it really is working..

Patching your diff wants -R..

mtd write failed on CRC check.
I'll pass testing for someone else..

It's unlikely that the new kernel has anything todo with the crc. Did you do a complete rebuild?

Andreas

Hi all,

Included is a patch agains CVS to use th 3.37.2 linksys sources. The patch does not yet integrate all new features, but is does produce a working image.

The main drawback with the new kernel is that it no longer contains the wireless extensions. The required ioctl's are simply no longer included in the wl.o module. This breaks /sbin/wifi. Luckily, doing a wlconf up on all lan_ifnames interfaces can replace it.

Also, all linksys specific nat helpers (e.g. SIP) are missing. These should be readded later.

Please test and comment.

Regards
Andreas

I have a WRT54G with version 2.2 hardware. Will this patch work on the particular hardware? When I try to use any of the current snapshot firmware, I get the error "Can't downgrade firmware version". Is there a patch against 3.01.3 version of linksys source?

I have a WRT54G with version 2.2 hardware. Will this patch work on the particular hardware? When I try to use any of the current snapshot firmware, I get the error "Can't downgrade firmware version". Is there a patch against 3.01.3 version of linksys source?

We don't have such a device, yet. And as we don't have good quality pictures pf a v2.2, we can't even be sure about the changes. You could flash via tftp, but I advise You to stick to the original firmware until we have pictures or a v2.2 unit.

The discussion might have continued from here.