OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Help Please: how to revert back to stock firmware Hootoo HT-TM05

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

So, i m eagerly searching for a solution. i m totally ignorant to this topic, just flashed openwrt image on hootoo tm05 that can be found on openwrt wiki link. after playing with it, i m now almost sure i just dont want openwrt and want to revert back to stock firmware. i m just not this kind of technical guy. my bad decision was to install openwrt before knowing it clearly smile

however, last on week i searched the wiki pages, forum and google for easiest way to revert to stock firmware, but i m undone. i dont have any backup copy of the firmware.bin. somehow, there is some post where says i can revert to stock firmware through ethernet cable like how we installed openwrt firmware at this device. but i cannot find any clear idea. is there any kind friend who will show me how to easily (without opening the device) revert to stock firmware?

can someone share stock firmware.bin backup of Hootoo HT-TM05, with which i can flash back to stock firmware from openwrt.

regards.

silentext wrote:

So, i m eagerly searching for a solution. i m totally ignorant to this topic, just flashed openwrt image on hootoo tm05 that can be found on openwrt wiki link. after playing with it, i m now almost sure i just dont want openwrt and want to revert back to stock firmware. i m just not this kind of technical guy. my bad decision was to install openwrt before knowing it clearly smile

however, last on week i searched the wiki pages, forum and google for easiest way to revert to stock firmware, but i m undone. i dont have any backup copy of the firmware.bin. somehow, there is some post where says i can revert to stock firmware through ethernet cable like how we installed openwrt firmware at this device. but i cannot find any clear idea. is there any kind friend who will show me how to easily (without opening the device) revert to stock firmware?

can someone share stock firmware.bin backup of Hootoo HT-TM05, with which i can flash back to stock firmware from openwrt.

regards.

This is not the right for you?

http://www.hootoo.com/media/downloads/H … 00.068.rar

many thanks for ur response. actually i dont have idea how to revert back to stock firmware. i read somewhere in the forum that the image can be found in the hootoo website couldn't be used for reocvery.

somewhere i found this tutorial:

1. download latest firmware for your routers (makes it easy to rename it to something simple .bin)
2. download winscp (google it its FREE)
3. reset your router to default settings with a hard reset
4. login to your router 192.168.1.1 with the SCP protocol
5. upload your firmware to the /tmp directory (do not change directory!)
6. push ctrl+t or click on commands menu than on open terminal
7. type this command in:
mtd -r write firmware.bin firmware (change firmware.bin to your bin)

and i tried this method with your given link. that doesn't work. every times gives error. after trying this i should install openwrt again because the router didn't give me any signal.

i followed this process to install openwrt:

Download this OpenWrt firmware: Link
    Place it in the root of a clean TFTP server running on your computer.
    Rename the image to kernel — be sure there is no file extension, and that there are no other files on the TFTP server.
    Plug the HT-TM05 into your computer via ethernet.
    Set your computer to use 10.10.10.254 as its IP address.
    With your HT-TM05 shut down, hold down the power button until the first white LED lights up.
    Push and hold the reset button and release the power button. Continue holding the reset button for 30 seconds or until it begins searching for files on your TFTP server, whichever comes first.
    The HT-TM05 will look for your computer at 10.10.10.254 and install the kernel file. Once it has finished installation of the kernel file, it will search for a (nonexistent) rootfs file — when it begins searching for this file, shut down the HT-TM05 by holding the power button normally.
    Start up your HT-TM05 normally. When the Wi-Fi indicator turns green, OpenWrt has booted successfully.

(Last edited by silentext on 12 Aug 2016, 14:54)

hello! anyone?

Hello everyone,

I'm interested to install OpenWRT on my HT-TM05... but as I was upgrading the original firmware from Hootoo, it seems I bricked the device :-S
Now, I can just turn ON / OFF by pressing the power button. When it's started,the Wi-Fi led is blue and I can't detect any SSID.
I tried to connect with a RJ45 cable, my laptop can't identify the network.
And lastly, when I try to force a reset to restore the TripMate to factory default, there si no effect.

Does someone know another way to reset or flash with another firmware ?
(I opened a ticket with Hootoo support. I'm waiting the response)

(Last edited by Moonstone92 on 18 Apr 2018, 15:53)

The discussion might have continued from here.