OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Possable buildroot-ng menuconfig anomaly

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello all,
I'm using buildroot-ng on an ubuntu 6.06 box and menuconfig RUNS fine so far. However, After the first run, I was unable to find the menu to configure BusyBox options. It seems to have disappeared! It was there on the first run. Also, I noticed that hasurl is not selected as a default package in buildroot-ng. Isn't that needed for the Web interface or was that only in the prebuilt OpenWrt firmware?

Busybox configuration is found under the busybox package (base system -> busybox)

There is no web interface for buildroot-ng yet; various changes in the system make it completely incompatible with the previous webif.

Like I said, it's not there. I do the following:
root@hostname:~/buildroot-ng/openwrt# make menuconfig

I then use the down-arrow to highlight 'Base system' and press <enter> key. At this point, I see the following options:

<*> base-files
<M> libpthread
<*> uclibc
<*> busybox

Arrrrgh!! Nooooooo!
Cannot compute: not in alpha-numeric order!! Does not stand out!

Allright, so I started typing this and kicked myself in the teeth.. I kind of expected items with submenus to indicate the presence of said submenu, such a with a '--->' as is done with the main menu. All of the items under base-system have part of the text cut-off on the right side. Menu-items seem to have too many periods in them.
On the right side, I see:
'OpenWrt syste'
'POSIX threa'
<nothing but dots>
'Core utilities for embed'
'Small SSH 2 clie'
'Utility for converting'
'IPv4 firewall administra'
'IPv6 firewall administra'
everything after those strings is not visible and is cut-off. Is there a way to set my screen res. in a VT? In knoppix, I use vga=<nnn> to set screen parameters on VTs. (Hmmm, where is my "Knoppix pocket reference" book by "O'Reilly"). I'll try appending that to my kernel parameters in my grub config file.

The discussion might have continued from here.