OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: modules missing in ROM

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi there,

perhaps it's just too late today, and/or I spent already too much time on this, but I've got a problem with compiling the OpenWRT:

I'm using an ASUS WL-500g.
At first I tried the latest snapshot, it worked fine (I flashed from the original firmware to the snapshot with the windows tool from ASUS).

But now I want to include the modules needed to run a USB-stick. So I did a CVS-checkout, and said "make". The compiler runs through happily.

Now I took the kernel.config from this post http://www.openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=460 and copied it to sources/openwrt/kernel/kernel.config , said "make clean" and "make" again.
Afterwards I have the .trx-file again, but if I flash it, the USB-Modules are not in the /lib/modules/2.4.20/ directory, although I can find all these modules somewhere in the build_mipsel directory.

I'm sure this is addressed somewhere, but could anyone point me to the right place to look? Why aren't the modules in the ROM-file?

thanx in advance,
Harry

Hi Obsidian,

I'm sure this is addressed somewhere, but could anyone point me to the right place to look? Why aren't the modules in the ROM-file?

Because your config use modular USB support

#
# USB support
#
CONFIG_USB=m

You should find your USB modules in the openwrt-kmodules.tar.bz2 archive.

--
Nico

The discussion might have continued from here.