OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: NAS D-Link DNS-320L

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

This is cheap and pretty good NAS, but there is no firmware images of OpenWrt for it.
To find patch and fan daemon ask google: aboehler dns-320l (forum does not allow me to post links)
Patch is works with Barrier Breaker with minimal modifications. To build daemon, add defines _XOPEN_SOURCE and _BSD_SOURCE.

char wrote:

This is cheap and pretty good NAS, but there is no firmware images of OpenWrt for it.

What did you mean by cheap? How much did you pay for it?

To find patch and fan daemon ask google: aboehler dns-320l (forum does not allow me to post links)

Yes and you can post the link.

Patch is works with Barrier Breaker with minimal modifications. To build daemon, add defines _XOPEN_SOURCE and _BSD_SOURCE.

Thanks.

BTW, can you login to your DNS-320L? If so, does it have hdparm that you can use it to test its HDD performance, i.e. hdparm -Tt /dev/sdX (where X is the HDD)?

mazilo wrote:

DNS-320L is cheaper than more popular Synology, QNAP and Asus models. I bought my device for ~80$. Also great advantage of device is hardware watchdog.

No, I can't:

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:
    Too more links in message. Allowed 0 links. Reduce number of links and post it again.

BTW, can you login to your DNS-320L? If so, does it have hdparm that you can use it to test its HDD performance, i.e. hdparm -Tt /dev/sdX (where X is the HDD)?

root@OpenWrt:/dev# hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   458 MB in  2.01 seconds = 228.07 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 286 MB in  3.01 seconds =  94.88 MB/sec

Tested on Samsung HD503HI.

(Last edited by char on 12 Jun 2017, 21:32)

char wrote:
mazilo wrote:

DNS-320L is cheaper than more popular Synology, QNAP and Asus models. I bought my device for ~80$. Also great advantage of device is hardware watchdog.

That is not bad, but it definitely is beyond my budget. A year a go, I bought a used Seagate GoFLEX Home with 1 TB HDD under $20 and have been using it since.

No, I can't:

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:
    Too more links in message. Allowed 0 links. Reduce number of links and post it again.

Wow, I did not know that.

root@OpenWrt:/dev# hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   458 MB in  2.01 seconds = 228.07 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 286 MB in  3.01 seconds =  94.88 MB/sec

Tested on Samsung HD503HI.

That is not bad at all.

The discussion might have continued from here.