OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format.

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all

I am trying to install openwrt in the linksys 1200ac(It is using lede) router but when i try to upload the image file in the web interface of linksys 1200ac it showing a message :

"The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

I used to try .bin image file but it did not work. I tried in the CLI mode also but it did not work. I also tried by Using TFTP but It showing connection refused by software.   

Does anyone have any suggestion ?

LEDE has switched the wrt series image format a bit so the old Openwrt format gets rejected.

But LEDE sysupgrade has force option to force it to ignore image format errors.
Sysupgrade -F imagename

Thanks for your reply .

I used this command. But by accessing  putty it is showing "can not umount. resource busy". should I make a partition ? Because in my router there are no space in the root directory. It is using 100% .

adnan wrote:

Thanks for your reply .

I used this command. But by accessing  putty it is showing "can not umount. resource busy". should I make a partition ? Because in my router there are no space in the root directory. It is using 100% .

Just to make sure: We are talking about wrt1200ac, right?
It has dual firmware partitions and you always flash the inactive partition and then switch boot to be from that. That is done by OEM, Openwrt and LEDE firmwares. So flashing always overwrites the other firmware.

Having the file system quite full sounds unlikely, but you are likely reading the df output wrongly. flashed firmware is in /rom and is 100% used, while the free space is allocated as /overlay, into which all your settings changes etc. get written.

You might reboot the device once, if youget strange file system errors.

One approach for you would be to first switch boot to the other firmware, boot from that, and then flash from that firmware to overwrite this LEDE partition. Read https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wr … e_recovery

Thnx.

Yes I am working with Linksys WRT 1200 AC router. By switching the partition it showing the same thing.I am unable to install openWRT in this partition. Do you have any other process?

I am having the same problem just now.
I am already running Openwrt "OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r6707-ff8df2b3f9 / LuCI Master (git-18.108.53693-fc8f825)" but now after building a new firmware on my own i cannot upgrade anymore. Any issue or config change that I have overseen?

The discussion might have continued from here.