OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Is OpenWRT Compatible With The Actiontec GT784WN?

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi there I was wondering if OpenWRT is compatible with the Actiontec GT784WN? If it is compatible with OpenWRT where can I download it? The only thing I could find was a syslog here on the OpenWRT Wiki "wiki.openwrt.org/toh/actiontec/gt784wn" If there is no download for GT784WN then will the OpenWRT Firmware for the Actiontec GT784WNV work? "wiki.openwrt.org/toh/actiontec/gt784wnv" I was also wondering if there is any other custom Firmware's besides OpenWRT for the GT784WN? I Totally Appreciate The Help Thanks! big_smile - djcjf

Well the verizon variant is supported but I have no idea what differences there are between the two if it is just software or if there are hardware differences too.

Hopefully someone who has tried will chime in, but it is a definite maybe LOL

WWTK wrote:

Well the verizon variant is supported but I have no idea what differences there are between the two if it is just software or if there are hardware differences too.

Thank you for your quick reply smile Do you think it would hurt if I tried installing the OpenWRT Firmware for the GT784WNV to my GT784WN? Worse case can't I just go back to Bells Firmware for the GT784WN? I Totally Appreciate The Help Thanks! big_smile - djcjf

(Last edited by djcjf on 18 Nov 2017, 17:26)

If the flash fails, recovery may be much more difficult than breaking it was if at all.  It is possible the device will be permanently bricked.

If you choose to try it and understand the risk, the fimware can be found here:

https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … x/generic/

Especially if this device is your primary access to the Internet, I'd advise caution and patience wink  Or maybe its just the excuse you need to get a new router LOL

Good day, has anyone had success with the GT784WN and the ADSL modem via Openwrt?

WWTK wrote:

Can someone that has used the GT784WN shine some light on the ADSL modem portion and how to set ii the up when using this firmware?

The discussion might have continued from here.