OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: 32Mb ram ENABLED on XH revision v2

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Mar 2014 and 8 Mar 2014. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

It doesn't matter, what CFE says, You can have 16Mb RAM only.

Looks like it's so ... but it's strange anyway ... debricked the unit today with a JTAG. Just erased the NVRAM.

HP

Success.
My RAM chips read IS42S16800A-7T, instead of IS42S16800-7T, but it appears the A simply denotes a slightly faster revision.

Hi guys

I have a V2 as well but I haven't been able to find out the revision of the board XH or XB, where I can see that???

On the other hand I have checked the memory banks and they are a couple of MIRA p2v64s40dtp:

http://www.deutron.com.tw/data_sheets/sdram/p2v64s_0dtp26_06034.pdf

does it have 32Mb or 16Mbs??? As I understand from one of your posts it is 16 but could you confirm???

Many thanks!!!

I bricked my router trying this.
Now I am trying to debrick the router using hairydairymaid jtag utility.

The first thing i did was take a backup of the NVRAM, CFE, KERNEL and the whole flash.
The question i have is as follows.

Can i edit the NVRAM.bin using a hexeditor change the sdram_init value back to the original and flash it back to the chip?
i.e. I am considering not resetting or erasing the NVRAM to factory defaults, instead edit it just slightly (i.e. just one byte really) and flash it back to the chip.

when i look at the nvram.bin in a hexeditor, i dont see anything out of the ordinary there. (a bunch of nulls and the variable)
Is there somthing in the CFE (like a checksum or crc) which will cause the above attemtp to fail.

Any comments, thoughts or opinion are welcome

thanks

The discussion might have continued from here.