OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: AP Problems behind FritzBox 7490

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

sorry for my bad english, but I didn't find any german community for openwrt.

I have running a TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1 with OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 / LuCI 15.05-149-g0d8bbd2 Release (git-15.363.78009-956be55) as an Access Point behind a FritzBox 7490.

Mainly it's working as it should, but I found out, that some devices which are connected to openwrt via WLAN do not appear in the device list of the FritzBox.
It seems that this happens especially Android devices. Windows, Apple and other systems appear without problem.
It sees that the android devices get the same IP as another device connected to openwrt.

Directly connecting to FritzBox works fine and all devices appear in the device list.

Maybe anyone has an idea whats working wrong?

how is the tp-link connected to the Fritzbox, which port Fritzbox and which port tp-link? how does your openwrt config look like?

How is the OpenWrt device configured? As a router, or as a dumb access point?

The OpenWrt device ist configured as dumb access point as described in the wiki

The OpenWrt device is connected at port Port4 of FritzBox. Fritzbox is connected to port 1 of OpenWrt device

No one has an idea?

Is "port 1 of OpenWrt device" a LAN port or the WAN port? When you say "The OpenWrt device ist configured as dumb access point as described in the wiki", do you mean it "is" or it "isn't"?

(Last edited by eduperez on 19 Feb 2018, 17:27)

Port 1 is LAN port 1 of the openwrt device.
I meant "The OpenWrt device is configured as dumb access point as described in the wiki".
The "ist" was made by german automatic correction. Sorry!

The discussion might have continued from here.